A Reflective Piece on Storms, Nature and Life

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 weeks ago #102440 by
I wrote this reflection in my journal after meditating during a thunderstorm a few nights ago. I was at peace despite the state of the weather outside, yet I was also felt a sudden wave of sorrow...Well, enough blabbering, here is what I wrote, based upon my emotions and thoughts at the time:

I love the raging storm, yet such moments of natural beauty and impact sadden me....as it is with the development of a new building in place of a grassy area else the coming of fierce waves on the ocean...Such beauty is so quick to come and be gone again, and many ignore the short brilliance of these events....The same can be said about the lives of all beings. We have our moments of sorrow, joy, reflection and peace mired with tempest...as shown by the rain...While we all experience flashes of brilliance, roaring emotions and light amidst the darkness and confusion of the world....To think that such moments are overlooked pains me, as I feel the sorrow of the Earth in knowing that the World can easily be taken for granted. Does that make me strange...identifying with the world as I do?

Now, does this reflection coming from my strong wave of emotions after meditation make me strange, else can others identify with either the strong sense of emotion felt after meditation or the general mood present in my piece? Feel free to critique, agree or disagree with what has been said. I am posting this out of curiousity, as I write often, yet my work is usually more narrative else poetic and not reflective. Any other writers out there?

~Lorian~

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 weeks ago #102449 by
Some people will tell you that you feel strong emotions while meditating because you haven't learned to control them. I'm not sure how I feel about that line of thinking, and perhaps it's because I, too, experience them. They range from feelings of deep sadness to feelings of elated love.

I enjoyed reading your thoughts. No critique, though. How could I critique such a personal experience?

May the Force be with you :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 weeks ago #102457 by
Thank you for your response :) I have yet to truly master the art of meditation, and I am glad to hear that I am not the only one to experience such strong emotions through meditation. Reliah, have you ever tried meditating amidst a storm? It can be much more relaxing than it initially sounds :) That breathing technique video was awesome to watch, by the way :) Do you have any memorable experiences of extreme emotional flooding of the heart and mind during meditation?

So long as the personal piece does not evoke negative reaction, then I will definitely view the no critique comment as being a positive one :)

May the Force be with you also, Reliah :D

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 weeks ago #102463 by
Now that you mention it, I haven't ever payed much attention to what the weather was like while meditating. It would be interesting to take note of it, though, and see how or if it has an effect. Thank you for pointing that out to me.

The most memorable experience I have had with emotional flooding was after a yoga session, lying in savasana. It wasn't long after I began my journey here and the lessons of the Initiate's Program were fresh in my mind. It was the first time I was able to feel energy everywhere. I felt an intense love beginning within myself and the more I was able to relax and let go, the further it expanded. As the instructor concluded the session, I realized I was crying - or, at least, my eyes were crying. I've heard people who seek for those types of experiences say it's actually your soul that is crying. Either way, it was wonderful. :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 weeks ago #102473 by
That sounds like quite the wonderful experience indeed! I am glad that you were able to experience such a moment of bliss :) I have never really delved into yoga as of yet, but have always wanted to! I find that when I practice my bladework, being a fencer and practitioner of both kendo and even lightsaber arts, I feel a similar experience of bliss as the katana else rapier moves as I move through various katas or combat maneuvers. Rowing can sometime evoke such bliss, yet physical pain and exhaustion normally take precendence in the mind after a hard two kilometers ;)

Have you ever tried any sword-related movements or practice over the years? :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #169980 by
Returning to our two heads: Lord Russell never carried this joke, or this profound insight, beyond that point. With a little thought, however, the reader will easily see that, having analyzed the matter this far, we now have three heads — the third containing the model that contains the "real" universe and the "real" head and the perceived universe and the perceived head. And now that we have thought of that, we have a fourth head...

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi