Divination

More
10 years 6 months ago #118677 by Lykeios Little Raven
Replied by Lykeios Little Raven on topic Divination

Anora^una_Ilorn wrote: Many Jedi have or can have the ability to foresee the future. I know it is said that we should be mindful of the living force, but it is my opinion that if we have any forknowledge, we should not ignore it. So here are some ways to divine thanks to wikipedia:

A deliciously fun topic! Thank you!

Anora^una_Ilorn wrote: Astrology: by celestial bodies.

I've dabbled with varying degrees of success but generally got fairly good answers.

Anora^una_Ilorn wrote: Augury: by the flight of birds.

Made sporadic attempts with little success. Augury is very difficult from what I understand.

Anora^una_Ilorn wrote: Bibliomancy: by books (frequently, but not always, religious texts).

Never tried it but its intriguing.

Anora^una_Ilorn wrote: Cartomancy: by cards.
Taromancy: by Tarot; a form of cartomancy.

I'm a beginner with the Tarot but so far its been fairly helpful and informative.

Anora^una_Ilorn wrote: Cheiromancy/palmistry: by palms.
Gastromancy: by crystal ball.
Extispicy: by the entrails of animals.

Not a huge fan though I haven't given any of them a real strong attempt. Palmistry I've lightly dabbled and found it a bit odd.

Anora^una_Ilorn wrote: Feng Shui: by earthen harmony.

I've wanted to investigate this but haven't yet.

Anora^una_Ilorn wrote: I Ching divination: by the I Ching; a form of bibliomancy.

Love the I Ching but haven't read it or used it much.

Anora^una_Ilorn wrote: Numerology: by numbers.

Fun stuff but I've only touched on it a few times and not in-depth.

Anora^una_Ilorn wrote: Oneiromancy: by dreams.
• Onomancy: by names.

Haven't tried onomancy. Oneiromancy I often try to use, but I rarely dream so it isn't very consistent to get a baseline.

Anora^una_Ilorn wrote: Quija: board divination.

I've used a hand-made board before and thought I got a response but wasn't sure.

Anora^una_Ilorn wrote: Rhabdomancy: divination by rods

I use pendulums every now and again which, as I understand, is a form of dowsing/rhabdomancy.

Anora^una_Ilorn wrote: Runecasting/Runic divination: by runes.

Have a set of runes and a book but its been years since I used them.

Anora^una_Ilorn wrote: Scrying: by reflective objects.

Haven't tried yet.

Anora^una_Ilorn wrote: Necromancy: by the dead, or spirits/souls of the dead/recently dead

I used this, in a manner of speaking, with my Ouija board.

All in all I need to spend more time with these methods and make a stronger study and practice of using them.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #175509 by
Replied by on topic Divination
Augury: by the flight of birds.

when the owl flies over someone dies.

when two crows take flight in front of you down the path you are traveling, flying away from you in a double helix, do not come home the same way you went, or just turn around and go home.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi