Luck

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago #75873 by
Luck was created by
I'm curious to know. How do you attract more luck into your life?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #75874 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Re: Luck
The more risk you have in your life, the more you'll experience what you'll call luck. Though it has to be carefully laid out risk... to create the likely emergence of good luck, otherwise you'll just experience bad luck. Whenever I've been good lucky I tend to naturally think its karma returning the favour, but when I've been bad lucky, I tend to blame myself so I can learn from it and then let it go and move on. So to answer perhaps the intent of your question, I generally think of it as karma without really feeling the need to believe if karma exists.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
11 years 6 months ago #75977 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Re: Luck
Luck or chance is fortune (whether bad or good) which occurs beyond one's control, without regard to one's will, intention, or desired result. There are at least two senses people usually mean when they use the term, the prescriptive sense and the descriptive sense. In the prescriptive sense, luck is a supernatural and deterministic concept that there are forces which prescribe that certain events occur very much the way laws of physics will prescribe that certain events occur. It is the prescriptive sense that people mean when they say they "do not believe in luck". In the descriptive sense, luck is a word people give after the occurrence of events which they find to be fortuitous or unfortuitous, and perhaps improbable.

That being said... here are a few sites which will point you in one direction, or another. ;)

http://advancedriskology.com/what-luck/

http://www.mindpowernews.com/CreateGoodLuck.htm

http://www.shanewarren.com/index_files/Page3413.htm

There are also many that believe one can improve their “luck” situation “magically”.

Monastic Order of Knights

More
11 years 6 months ago #75978 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re: Luck
I think that luck is a perspective or point of view linked to positive thought and action.

If you go around trying to get the most out of life and take opportunities that come to you, you may find yourself in situations that some would call 'lucky' but that are really just a product of being pro-active and positive.

B.Div | OCP

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago #75988 by
Replied by on topic Re: Luck
If there is a car accident are you 'lucky' not to have been in it?

If there is a car accident are you 'unlucky' to have been in it?

Maybe there was just a car accident and we prescribe our own, human, thoughts on the situation and call events 'lucky' or 'unlucky'

I don't believe in 'luck' as a tangible entity, I believe things happen. Sometimes we find they are good to us and other times they are bad. But beyond that no. Nothing.

(Not a very 'Pagan', as far as I'm aware, view I grant you but those are some of my thoughts on the topic! :))

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago #76009 by
Replied by on topic Re: Luck
:laugh: Maybe not the best question to ask on a Jedi sight. I was curious to find out more of the "superstitious" or "affirmative" ways people try and attract luck into their lives. Though, the more scientific and down to earth ideas are appreciated as well...even if they might not be very "pagan". :)

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #76011 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Re: Luck
Follow on from my earlier answer;

20 Ways to Get Good Karma, By The Dalai Lama

1. Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
  2. When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
  3. Follow the three R’s:
    - Respect for self,
    - Respect for others and
    - Responsibility for all your actions.
  4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
  5. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
  6. Don’t let a little dispute injure a great relationship.
  7. When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
  8. Spend some time alone every day.
  9. Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
  10. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
  11. Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.
  12. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
  13. In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.
  14. Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.
  15. Be gentle with the earth.
  16. Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.
  17. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
  18. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
  19. If you want others to be happy, practice compassion.
  20. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.

If you believe in it, then it is not just a code for moral conduct, but the correct way to invite good luck through whatever spiritual mechanism you might believe the Force to materialize/exert/allow luck.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Adder.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi