Book of Shadows

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 days ago #54326 by
Book of Shadows was created by
Greetings, Pagan Jedi! I have been fascinated by Paganism for a long time...earth-based religions are so beautifully unique, and I respect your beliefs highly. I've done a fair amount of research, and I think I might just have an educated question for you. :P

A Pagan's Book of Shadows, as I understand it, is a journal kept to keep note of certain spells and experiences that have benefitted the person in question. Yes? I guess I'm curious to know if any Pagan Jedi here keep a Book of Shadows or something similar, and how that experience has been for you while simultaneously being a follower of Jediism. Are there particular spells or experiences that have enhanced your understanding of the Force?

Or feel free to just talk about your Book of Shadows/why you might not keep a Book of Shadows. Lol, I'm just interested to learn about how you all view this concept. :silly:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
12 years 4 days ago #54337 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: Book of Shadows
i have a book about this subject if you'd like...i've read it myself a while back...it's somewhere on my library flashdrive amidst the approximately 2000 or so books

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 20 hours ago #54587 by
Replied by on topic Re: Book of Shadows
I personally do keep a Book of Shadows, and similar to the journal thread we keep here on this site, it is filled with experiences, spells, learning tools, as well as outlines the many Pagan Rites throughout the year and how I personally participate in them. It's nice to keep a personal record of spiritual growth and the great thing about my personal book of shadows is that I keep it in Two binders. One with current materials, and one for original copies, as we ourselves are constantly evolving, so too can the way we celebrate, and conduct ourselves in our faiths...I always keep my earlier works and review them each year as it is nice to see and reflect on our spiritual growth on a regular basis. This also helps to avoid complacency... I hope this is the sort of information you were looking for.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi