Request for reading

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 6 months ago #18974 by
Request for reading was created by
My Pagan brothers and sisters,

I received two books for my birthday recently; The 21 Lessons of Merlyn, and The Lost Books of Merlyn, both by Douglas Monroe.
I was looking forward to reading them, as I have interests in Arthurian Lore and Paganism. As I started reading, though, I discovered problems with the way the author was presenting his material. I did some online research and found that these books are panned across the board due to inaccuracy, pretentiousness and misogyny.
So, I find myself looking for better books about Celtic Paganism. Any suggestions?
Blessed Be and MTFBWY
-Chance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 6 months ago #18978 by
Replied by on topic Re:Request for reading
\"The Mists of Avalon\"
\" Arthurian legend and Knights Templar Grail mythology\"

Those are some based on Paganism Arthurain Lore.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 6 months ago #18994 by
Replied by on topic Re:Request for reading
My person belief in Llewelyn book company is that they will post virtually everything but there are often things that are very interesting thrown into the mess that is there.

Celtic Magic by DJ Conway is one of the first book i got on the subject and fascinated me, unfortunately if you aren't a beginner you will be rereading everything you already know.

The Lore of the Bard by Arthur Rowan is a great book, i have it at home in cali and i miss reading it. I know it is more about Bardic stuff but it is, obviously deeply celtic. It is a wonderful book.

Can't think of any others at the moment, maybe later but those should get you started. From what i gathered, the problem with the 21 lessons of Merlin, is they try to combine two religions and just sort of ends up being jumbled, i tried to read it a while back and kept getting frustrated, lol.

MTFBWY

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi