A Hippie Jedi?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 7 months ago #18249 by
A Hippie Jedi? was created by
I not only subscribe to The Jedi and Pagan philosophies, but subbscribe to much of the Hippie philosophy as well.
A hippie Jedi? To some, this probably sounds like an oxy-moron... there are a lot of philosophical differences between the two.
But there are also alot of similarities, enough that I feel comfortable in my own skin saying that \"I am in touch with my inner Hippie\"
To illustrate my point, I have put some excerpts from the book \"Hippies from A-Z\" by Skip STone below.
MTFBWY-A
Christina

Hippies From A to Z
by Skip Stone

To be a hippie you must believe in peace as the way to resolve differences among peoples, ideologies and religions. The way to peace is through love and tolerance. Loving means accepting others as they are, giving them freedom to express themselves and not judging them based on appearances. This is the core of the hippie philosophy.
It is a philosophical approach to life that emphasizes peace, love and a respect for others and the earth.

Hippies don't impose their beliefs on others. Instead, hippies seek to change the world through reason and by living what they believe.

So being a hippie is not a matter of dress, behavior, economic status, or social milieu. It is a philosophical approach to life that emphasizes peace, love and a respect for others and the earth

Racism, discrimination and economic inequality still plague minorities in America. Until we end the cycle of bigotry and fear that one generation passes on to another, this problem will continue to haunt us. Hippies practice Love and Tolerance for all beings, and this is an important message to share with everyone.
Hippies are the most open-minded folks when it comes to religion. We study most of the world's religions and take what makes sense and enhances personal freedom and reject the dogma. So our philosophy is a mélange of the teachings of Christ, Buddha, Lao Tzu, Krishna, Gandhi, even some latter-day saints like Lennon, Leary and Morrison. Some hippies choose a particular religion or guru to follow, while others blaze their own path, following the Tao wherever it takes them like a true Dharma bum.
We need to see examples of how to live in peace and harmony before we can change ourselves. Christ and Buddha were two such examples, and look at how many lives they influenced. Imagine what a whole nation of Bodhisattvas could do! This is our dream. To live in harmony with each other and our planet.

A hippie accepts a higher level of social, ecological, ethical and moral responsibility than most people are willing to accept.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 7 months ago #18252 by
Replied by on topic Re:A Hippie Jedi?
You will find that the ideas/ideals of Jediism, and the code, creed, tenets, and teachings etc encompass many, many, philosophies or to word it differently, share many similarities to almost if not all other 'philosophies' etc you could probably thing of.

This isn't a criticism of your post, its good you are realising this for yourself and sharing your 'discoveries' with everyone

MTFBWY - A

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi