Yahoo answers

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 8 months ago #17546 by
Yahoo answers was created by
Tonight i got an actual email from someone who, i assume, read some of my posts or something. In short she wanted to know if it were possible or if she should use a spell to get thinner. After a lengthy explanation of how she should be happy in her own skin i told her she could cast the spell if she wanted but it more then likely wouldn't make her happy. Here is my question, how would any of you have handled this, not knowing her situation or anything, just the question, should i use a spell to make me thinner?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 8 months ago #17547 by
Replied by on topic Re:Yahoo answers
You handled it well, I think. It is true that we should be happy in our own skin, so why not change to suite our happiness. However, I think the spell would be missed placed. If a spell must be casted, then why not a spell to enhance the motivation to do whats physically necessary to do what it takes to get to the size you want.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 8 months ago #17551 by
I believe that you handled it right April, but also believe that Decimus is also correct about the spell being misplaced. If she is not knowledgable enough it could cause other issues.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 8 months ago #17554 by
What you said sounds good to me. I think that people sometimes think that spells are a quick fix... it isn't the way it works...
You can cast a spell for anyhting... it doesn't necessarily mean you should...
Also, if you don't know the person... how do you know they aren't at a healthy weight already? Are they obsessed about their weight?
And what are the underlying issues?
And if they are new to spellcasting... do they understand the possible ramifications?
I think you handled it well to point out about being comfortable in your own skin...
If you don't like who you are... nothing is going to help that except learning to love yourself...
Goddesses come in all shapes and sizes...

MTFBWY,
BB,
Christina Krantz
Pagan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 8 months ago #17589 by
you handled it just right i think.
when i was a make-up artist i got many simmilar e-mails only asking about cosmetic issues make my nose smaller my lips bigger, my bust bigger, etc.

i told them a story i had heard from a dear friend off the set of MIB2. obviously the villan was an underware model and expected the guys to be like vulture on a gut wagon. however there was an AD who came in everyday in sweats and no make-up. she was overweight and not exactly what most people would call attractive. however the guys were ignoring the actress and all over her. why? she smiled. she was confident and nice.
Guys (or girls or wookies or whatever your into) who are REALLY something you want around will respond to personality and behavior. remember less attractive girls (whatever) can be beautiful, and beautiful girls can be VERY ugly.

i didn't reccoment make-up i reccomeded a smile, don't reccomend a spell but a smile.

but you sound like your on top of it. **insert super duper kudos here**

MTFBWY

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 8 months ago #17602 by
lol, i think this is a good topic, not only for those who may be considering magick to be their solution for everything but also for those who feel unattractive. kudos all around.

also, magick might not be a solution for everything but there are spells to help you love yourself, well more like rituals :) like i know of one where you actually bath in rose petals (rose water) and wear rose quartz and say a few words while looking at yourself in the mirror (haven't read it in a while so i don't remember exactly how it went) but sometimes you can use magick to help you feel better about yourself with out actually 'using' magick :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 8 months ago #17650 by
If we look at the ugly around us... war, death, inocent lives ended abruptly, the slow methodical destruction of Mother Earth, are we all not much more beautiful than we first thought to believe?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 8 months ago #17674 by
You know what, i had written a lengthy paragraph with a lot words and, what i thought, were good phrases. I realized just now though that what Glenn just said was enough. We are far more beautiful then we like to believe.

MTFBWY

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi