Question for all Pagan Jedi

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 2 months ago #11588 by
How does the Force realate to your own beliefs in Diety and Magick? More or less just curious and trying to get a discussion going, lol.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #12563 by
Replied by on topic Re:Question for all Pagan Jedi
To me, The Force is not a God, but just \"a force\" that's still with us, penetrates us, it i the force that keeps us alive and \"going\". You know what I believe in? In believe in what was said by the muse Serendipity in Kevin Smith's Dogma: It's not about what faith is the right one. No religion made it out. All the religions are too starched to admit that it doEesn't matter WHAT you believe in... but what matters is THAT YOU BELIEVE.

So I picked the stuff - that I think it's \"trustworthy\" - from every religion I learned of. It's right to me and BTW, if you do it like me, such decision makes you being able to be above that. But that's just my opinion.

I trust and believe in The Force. I think it can be helpful - even if you cannot feel it yet, e.g. like me. But I know that if I really proceed well in my lectures about The Force (from TOTJA and its headmaster Starr), I'm gonna be a good Jedi.

And for now - as Miranda Priestley said - \"That's all!\" :-)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 weeks ago #12824 by
\" it doEesn't matter WHAT you believe in... but what matters is THAT YOU BELIEVE. \"

Embrace your myth is what I always say. Very nice view there. Imagine if more people would do just that in this world today.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 2 weeks ago #13131 by
I have been looking at this question for a while on here. I have wanted to say something yet I haven't for fear of coming off too simple. But I have come to realize there is no need for that fear. This is what I believe.

To me the force is energy. Every living thing in this universe has an energy. To me that is what makes up the force. Every person, every animal, every plant. The weather. To me it is that simple and on the same hand not simple at all.

I hope that made some sort of sense. :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 2 weeks ago #13252 by
well, to me, the Force is best described by Master Kenobi in Episode IV: \"The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field, created by all living things. It surrounds us, penetrates us, it binds the galaxy together.\"

earth magic is created in much the same way as the Force. a pagan's ally is earth magic, and a powerful ally it is. life creates it makes it grow. - that may look like an adaptation of Master Yoda's speach, but it really IS how it works. a skilled pagan witch learns to channel such energies to cast great feats of wonder, such as preventing impending rain or influencing the love life of others.

the Force has a unique place when comparing it to a deity or group of deities. in a way, the Force is equal to any pantheon faith had brought to the table. but on the other hand, it leaves a sense of emptiness to some who have become devout to their faiths and attempt to follow Jediism as well. in a world of faiths, there will always be doubt. proving to overcome the shadow of doubt is to become a stronger being who has been enlightened to a higher focus and a more open mind.

i may be a pagan and i may have my likes and dislikes, but i keep my mind open to new ideas and a warehouse of possibilities that could derives from any number of other faiths. as a wise old puppet once said: \"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.\" if we allow ourselves to close our minds to new concepts from faiths not our own, we are the bringers of fear, hate and suffering to the world.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #14974 by
I believe that the Force is just that energy. I have always questioned the conception of man's statement of \"God\", but found comfort in the ancient ways of nature and magik.
But magik is not truely magik if one learns the aspect of it. It becomes a completion of oneself, while to others it does seem like magik.
The way the Force moves can be mysterious but when one learns to turn the page of a book and read, they start to unveil themselves.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #15035 by
That was very lovely. I look forward to reading more of your posts in the future.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 8 months ago #17352 by
For me, the way that the Force, Magik, and the Gods are intertwined is that we are all connected, and our actions, thoughts, and deeds affect all that is around us.
The paralells for me does not stop there. I have read about Jungian theory being important to Paganism, and I see it within Jediism as well... archetypes, facing your shadow self, etc.

Christina Krantz
Pagan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 8 months ago #17362 by
Impressive. To confront yourself is one of the hardest things to do. For if you understand yourself and what you can do, well that is sometimes rare.

I too look forward to your future posts.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 8 months ago #17579 by
I became a Star Wars fan in 2002 and converted to paganism a year later. As I said in my hello thread that I made I wasn't satisfied with the religion that I was brought up with (Catholicism) as I though it had far too many gatekeepers that you had to trust and there was no direct access to the Divine.

I started as a Solitary and a part of my found it fulfiling to a point yet because I was by myself it was hard to keep going. I also found it kind of conflicting with Star Wars, until one day I read the novel \"I, Jedi\" and it sort of made sense.

Corran Horn wrote: I was treating my identities as if CorSec and Jedi were left and right, as if I could possibly function with only one side of my body or the other. I was making half of myself oppose the other half, when I should have integrated both halves.

I use a lightsaber (Hasbro one unfortunately) for ritual work and I am currently working on a Star Wars Tarot deck (I have a link to it).

I have long believed in the Force as I know that there is something that is both within and without myself that connects us all together. It cannot be expressed in words, only through experience and knowledge.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi