Question for all Pagan Jedi

More
15 years 7 months ago #17580 by Grom Fett
well said Katana_Geldar

have long believed in the Force as I know that there is something that is both within and without myself that connects us all together. It cannot be expressed in words, only through experience and knowledge.
Katana_Geldar

i really lik that quote

Former Master:Br John
Rite:Jediism Rite
Former Apprentice: Knight Apprentice OwenShea 11/08, Angelus 11/09
Current Apprentice:

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it

We all have our heroes. And when we watch them fall, we die inside.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 7 months ago #17585 by
Replied by on topic Re:Question for all Pagan Jedi
Campbell talks about this actually, and I had a lecture on gnosis when i studied Assian religions

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 7 months ago #17647 by
The wonderful thing about being a Pagan is you are not required to conform to social norms. As a christian there are numerous rules to follow, things you must do to get into heaven. Most christian faiths refuse to recognize the others rules, if you marry as a baptist, that marriage may not be recognized by the catholic faith. I was told when I married my wife now, (actually just before we married), that if we wanted to marry in a catholic church, (she was Irish catholic at the time), that we would have to attend 6 months of training in married life. I'm sorry... I was married once before, I think I will remember the mistakes from my first marriage, and attempt not to repeat them. I refuse to let some person tell me how I am allowed to worship. I believe in my Goddess and Gods, not one single, because in this complicated world I do not feel one God could have ultimate rule. If the christian god is so great, why do we have the problems this world is now faceing. The christian god does not provide my family with food nor shelter, nor the basic neccesities to survive. Mother Earth gives all life... (oh yeah and humans too), all things they need to survive. She provides, not some almighty god that allows his servants, (only the christian god has servants by the way), she provides the life giving neccessities. Why is the world in such a muck of disarray... well look at it this way, if you were given $10 million dollars and squandered it away on absolutely nothing of value, would you not be upset when you were broke all of a sudden. Well Mother Earth gives us much more than that, and we are slowly squandering it away. I would have to say our Earth Mother believes in tough love, and is proveing that point forthwith, I doubt in our lifetime we will see a significant change, but it will come. Humans will learn to live with what has been given freely or they will all die, to reborn again in a time when our Mother has been reborn in a new life and all her gifts are again available for the next life to survive upon. End of Soapbox Sermon.

May The Force Be With You Always

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 7 months ago #17649 by
Not a soap box sermon at all but basic truth. Conformitity based on religion is stupid. I quite agree Glenn that if the christian god is hell bent on sending its own creation to hell for lack of faith (justifiable punishment according to many christians), then so freaking be it. I refuse to believe in a one all power god, but like you choose to believe in many. Religion is responsible for some of the mess in this world, but to kill in the name of a god, to rob or rape in the name of this god is shameful and wrong, but yet they happen. Christians and other religions talk about peacefully observing each other as \"god's creatures\" but does this come into play when one religion kills over another, no it doesn't. As for Gia, she will do what she must when she must, for I believe it is not first time that Gia has had to do something like this. Everything around calls for release from nature to human, it is there and only time will tell if others recognize it like we have.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #49976 by
The Force is way more than 1 simple energy. I'm doing energy manipulations since 20 years and there's countless of energies surrounding us (or accessible to us with lill works).

but,
-for a shaman/druid, the Force will be animal spirits, land and plants spirits
-for a reiki user, the lifeforce will the Force
-for a wiccan, it'll be the God and the Godess
-for a christian, Yhwh and his love will be the Force
etc...

As humans (or whatever), we tend to use a very tiny fraction of the Force energy to suit us, the ones we have more connection with. But the Force is way WAY bigger then this. The Force is the collection of all energies, all "forces" united into "THE FORCE", as the suprem balance of all. The Force is'nt white or black (comparing to magic arts aka white magic etc.) because the Force is balanced. The light side of the force is how peoples using the Force(neutral) for "lightfull" purposes... the Force have no specific color, in fact the Force have all colors within her, blended like a firework.

As it the Jedi order is an alliance of various Force users who use different aspects of the Force, in a lightfull way.

MTFBWY

p.s. i did'nt intended to make any faiths smaller or anything, if i offend anyone, i'm really sorry

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 weeks ago #53175 by
Replied by on topic Re: Question for all Pagan Jedi
If you get to know me, you'll learn that I'm a bit of an English nerd, and that I tend to take alot of my references from famous works of literature. If you ask me, The Force is very similar to the belief in a "cosmic chain" like in William Shakespeare's Macbeth. It's similar because it involves a bond between all living things that if unaligned will cause a major rupture in the universe, hence "a disturbance in the force" I also believe in the "Everything's Connected" theory, which also ties to the Butterfly Effect in that every interaction that a human makes with something ultimately affects the rest of the universe in some way. A good example would be Einstein and the Holocaust. I know that this is a very touchy subject for some (My grandmother was a Dachau survivor) but If you think about it, Albert Einstein fled to the USA because of religious persecution, as he was of Jewish ancestry. After he arrived in America, he soon began work on the Manhattan Project a.k.a. the first atomic nuclear bomb. But, If Einstein would have had no reason to flee to the United States, hence the Holocaust, Einstein would have stayed in Germany, and probably would have built the bomb for the Germans during WWII. If this had occurred, not only would Germany have had the ultimate weapon of mass destruction for use in the war, but Japan would have never been bombed, so the Japanese would have never quit as they find it of the highest dishonor to surrender in a fight. Germany AND Japan would have had the utmost advantage, and the USA probably wouldn't be the world superpower it is today, all because of the Holocaust never having occurred. So like I said, everything is connected through interaction and timing, and that connection is known as The Force. If anyone wishes to build on this, please feel free because I'd love to hear your opinions on this subject matter.

Lividius (Josz)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #80754 by
Replied by on topic Re: Question for all Pagan Jedi
I am sort of an Ecclectic Pagan. My beliefs have an Egyptian theme to them, however. I've studied several other Paths, which is kind of nice because I love doing research.

I believe that the Force is within and without. In all things and in the very space we occupy. It is the energy of life and death. It is up to the individual to decide for him or herself what the Force is and how it relates to their beliefs.

For me,it's really just a matter of 'seeing' the energy in my life. Think of it as watching a rose bloom, or a butterfly moving through the air. *sighs* I'm waxing poetic, sorry.
I knew I shouldn't be doing this without proper caffiene.

More
10 years 6 months ago #118672 by Lykeios Little Raven
Well, as a Greek Polytheist Reconstructionist I don't really do much with magic. Magic is, more often than not, a sign of hubris. That being said, there are some acceptable forms of "magic." These would be talismans and protective symbols. One might even argue that sacrifices and votive offerings are a form of "magic" as they allow contact with the Gods and form an exchange with said deities.

Using the Force, on the other hand, does not qualify as "magic" per se for me. The Force is the fundamental energy or possibly "Aether" present in all things and the very air around us. The Gods are manifestations of the Force just as we are. Borrowing from this primordial flow of energy is not "magic" as its a natural extension of the abilities we are given simply by being a part of the Force. Magic would be attempting to attain abilities beyond normal perception and manipulation of the Force so as to elevate oneself to deity or deity-like status. Also, it depends on intention and one's attitude while "working with" the Force.

*shrug* The Force fits well with ancient Greek belief systems. The pneuma or aether are two concepts that fit with it. Possibly even nomos or some such conception.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi

Notice: SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php/sessions) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/html/libraries/vendor/joomla/session/src/Storage/NativeStorage.php on line 135