Wish List of Jedi Talents

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 months ago #92827 by
Wish List of Jedi Talents was created by
After re-listening to one of Campbell's lectures, I had to ask myself: which Jedi "power" or skill would I wish for, if it were possible.

1\ Telekinesis

2\ Force Ghosting (as any 'incarnation' of yourself [cf. SW VI / Shaw vs. Christiansen])

3\ Lightsaber, or, lightsaber prowess

4\ Prestidigitation (foreseeing the future, even seconds ahead, such as in battle to know the next moving coming at you)

5\ A spell checker that allowed the word "lightsaber" without changing it to "Life Saver"

=====

I vote #1 (telekinesis).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 months ago #92861 by
Replied by on topic Re: Wish List of Jedi Talents
Call me a traitor, but I've always LOVED the idea of shooting lightning from your finger tips! :evil: If I could have any Jedi Talents, I would have force lightning and force telekinesis. I can imagine even being able to fly and levitate by "firing" a consistent force push against the ground or the direction opposite to where you want to go. And my force lightning would be my "one size fits all" defensive technique - having any thugs or gun men approach me and I'd flare my hands with force lightning flowing around them! B)

With that being said, however, we must be realistic and not forget key details of Jediism. We are NOT role players, and, as such, we neither pretend to have force powers we don't have nor boast about any type of "Jedi superiority". But hey, a Jedi can dream, can't he?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 months ago #92867 by

SeanChing wrote: With that being said, however, we must be realistic and not forget key details of Jediism. We are NOT role players, and, as such, we neither pretend to have force powers we don't have nor boast about any type of "Jedi superiority". But hey, a Jedi can dream, can't he?

I, uh , ... thought it was obvious that this was all in jest. I didn't intend for this question to be RPG-centric. :( I already look stupid enough around here as it is with some of my posts.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #92874 by
We can see you're not trying to role-play. You did say "if it were possible", after all.

That being said...

I wanna play!

I think my first choice would be mind tricks, though, these would bring forth a new, unneeded temptation in my life. Those could be handy. After that the telekinesis, of course. And, I'm kind of the opposite of Sean in that Force-lightning scares me. I think it could go wrong too easily. Have you ever suffered an electric shock? No thank you.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by . Reason: A Disturbance in the Post

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 months ago #92879 by
Trying to be a Jediist, you are already on the "mad side" in the eyes of most people. So why not go all out and try to be the most Jedi you can instead of recoiling and trying to be "more realistic"? It's not more realistic, it's just being afraid. ;)

There is no lightsaber technology - there are no personal starships. All the rest is out there. Since millennia. Study up!

In my opinion, calling yourself "Jedi", but not holding any skills or knowledge to be a "guardian of peace and justice" but carrying a plasitc lightsaber hilt on your hip and wearing your robes just in front of your webcam is more pretending and RPG than a serious student of supernatrual powers, no matter how "unreal" they are supposed to be. In the worst case you won't have any success, but at least you tried your best. Provided you have access to high-quality teachings.

My favorite is extra-sensual perception (or whatever you call it) and knowledge of the Living Force. These are the skills that will make a Jedi a sought embassador of peace, without needing to have detail knowledge of legal contracts or the endless bureaucracy of political diplomacy. Bono (from U2, who works for the UN) doesn't either. What could a trained Jedi do!

More
11 years 3 months ago #92892 by Whyte Horse

jimcode3 wrote: 5\ A spell checker that allowed the word "lightsaber" without changing it to "Life Saver"

Right-click on lightsaber --> Add to Dictionary

Oh btw that works on Linux. Probably doesn't work on Window$

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 months ago #92893 by

Whyte Horse wrote:

jimcode3 wrote: 5\ A spell checker that allowed the word "lightsaber" without changing it to "Life Saver"

Right-click on lightsaber --> Add to Dictionary

Oh btw that works on Linux. Probably doesn't work on Window$

Works in my word processor (F7, ALT+A: I hate the mouse, always use keyboard shortcuts). But Opera just won't get on board.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi