Away For The Weekend (V-Tog)

More
11 years 5 months ago #80659 by Ben
Just to let you all know that I wont be online much over the weekend as I am going off on a singing course early tomorrow morning.

If anyone needs to contact me about anything relating to the Clergy (or anything else!) rest assured that I should have caught up with all of my weekend PMs by some point on Monday.

If anyone wants to contact me about something urgent I will still be checking in on my phone, and if you start your PM by saying 'URGENT' (or something along those lines) I will be able to see it in my inbox and I will reply to you as quickly as possible.

If anyone in a sensible timezone (i.e. not the States) is interested, included amongst my endeavours I will be singing live with the RSCM Millennium Youth Choir on BBC Radio 4 at 8:07am (GMT & UTC) on Sunday Morning. It will follow the format of a Christian service but in all honesty, it's more of a concert masquerading as a service :laugh:

B.Div | OCP

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #80661 by
Replied by on topic Re: Away For The Weekend (V-Tog)
Have fun!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #80662 by
Sounds great Master V-Tog, and I hope you have fun! And I'm sure you will be outstanding. But remember to fall back into the Force in times of stress and distress, and re-align yourself when necessary. I don't actually need to give you advice :whistle: : just do what you need to do!

See you later.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #80912 by
Master V-,

It might be possible that just maybe there could be some people who potentially are interested in knowing how the concert went... ;)

Welcome back.

More
11 years 5 months ago #80915 by Adder
Congrats!! Can you post an mp3 link? Someone must have recorded it :ohmy:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

More
11 years 5 months ago #80917 by Ben
I'm not a Master akhi...just a helpful Knight...or I try my best with the 'helpful' bit anyway.

Sean called me 'Master' because he's my Apprentice ;)

The radio broadcast went pretty well...live broadcasts are always rather nerve-wracking, as you can probably imagine! On average about 1.5 million people listen to the Sunday Service (the broadcast) live every week. Nothing went wrong though...phew! Although in all honesty, we're quite used to doing these things.

You can actually listen to it here (unless you have to be in the UK for that, not sure) for the next week - skip to the 20 minute mark to hear the main piece that we sung without having to bother listening to the whole service :laugh:

Most of the hymns were congregational (i.e. had a load of randomers singing with us), but there was another bit that we sang on our own pretty much right at the start...just after 30 secs I think.

Later that morning we did a concert in Bedford Prison and in the afternoon we sang Evensong, and those went pretty well too. I'm saving my experiences of singing to Prison Inmates for a sermon or a separate thread though ;)

B.Div | OCP
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #80919 by

I'm not a Master akhi...just a helpful Knight...or I try my best with the 'helpful' bit anyway.

Gotcha. Just gave myself a refresher on the ranking system. And a very helpful Knight, indeed.

When I try the link you provided, I keep getting the message "This content doesn't seem to be working." Don't know yet if it's geographical or technical, but I'll keep trying. Thanks for the update.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi