Meditation

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #74761 by
Meditation was created by
I am looking for guidance through the Force. I have never sought guidance on anything specific before, so I am not sure how I should go about this. I'm not big on prayer for guidance. I much prefer meditation. However, I tend to meditate generally to clear my mind, not because of a specific inner conflict that I need to resolve. How do I go about meditating on a specific inner conflict? Any advice for a way to seek guidance would be welcome. Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #74762 by
Replied by on topic Re: Meditation
I'd say after you've cleared your mind consciously make an effort to bring it back to focus on the problem at hand. Let it rest gently on that problem and watch for images, thoughts, or ideas to come up around that thought of the problem. Then focus on the concept of a "solution" and see how those images in your own mind change.

That would be the method I would make use of though. Remember if the images being presented seem off or unrelated that means there may be more things you need to explore within the meditation that are on your mind. Perhaps things connected to the problem or perhaps things sitting deeper in your own psychology.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #74785 by
That's a good idea UraharaKiskue.

Might I also suggest (depending on the problem) working it out with questions. Why am I conflicted? Why is it a problem? Do I find it threatening? Does it make me angry, scared, sad? Why? How can I solve it or how can I minimize any potential damage/problems? Etcetera. Sometimes just stopping to think about things can help.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 months ago #94622 by
Once your mind is clear just think and try to visualize as clear as you can. With practice your tinkering will become more clear and you visulation more clear and detailed. It takes time, sometimes lots of time.

More
11 years 3 months ago #94625 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic Re: Meditation
Have you ever taken a walk, or stood in the shower, or anything of the such, and discussed something with yourself, either out loud or silently in your head?

If you have, have you ever assessed a topic as if you were giving advice or opinion to someone else about it?

This is what I do when I need to assess a stressful situation. One of the reasons it feels stressful is because you are standing in the position of being the subject of the situation. So, what I do mentally, is place myself outside of being the subject of the topic (being the "victim" for example), and instead, become the outside observer of the situation (being the "adviser" for example), by communicating to myself as if the "I" is someone else that is being the victim, and the REAL "I" is talking to him/her, giving him/her advice or an outlook on it.

You would be surprised what kind of intelligent advice comes out of you that you never think of as the "victim" or subject.

This will show you just how true it is that only you have the truest answers for yourself.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 months ago #94627 by
I don't know if "I" would call that meditation but it's pretty dam good.B)

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 3 months ago #94634 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: Meditation
Something that works for me is to focus on the problem itself, then let it drift away from my thoughts and float in the back ground until the solution presents itself...sometimes the best way to find a solution is to stop looking for it...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

More
11 years 3 months ago #94636 by Whyte Horse
Replied by Whyte Horse on topic Re: Meditation
Do not try to resolve inner conflict, rather try to realize there is no inner conflict.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 months ago #94639 by
Meditation is the mind becoming part of the universe and connecting to the force, when your needs/wants/desire are met is to ask yourself what is creating this need/want/desire. When people give up on meditation is when they think its just ill close my eyes and non verbally ask for things. Its deeper than that its getting in touch with the source of what is. Just my experience with it. It requires patience as you already know, but what might help is to connect and let all those thoughts flow and just be mindful. Like your standing at the edge of the river and the thoughts and questions are the river all enveloped in the force. In the short answer I agree With Whyte Horse. When your mind isnt conflicted you can feel resolve, you feel the force.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #94720 by

Countless different Qigong and meditation exercises exist. All teach the basic idea of using consciousness to go into the emptiness where thoughts ultimately cease or greatly diminish and sensory connections to our bodies fade. We and everything in our world are all from the emptiness and will go back to the emptiness. It is a state of pure energy where we are one with the universe. Our bodies naturally direct us to the emptiness. When we get sick, for example, the first place we go is not to the hospital, but to bed. When we sleep, we feel relaxed and peaceful. We bring our mind and body into the emptiness. Everybody does this automatic meditation without noticing it during sleep and periods of deep relaxation. Most of our daily energy blockages are opened and resolved in this way The deeper you go into the emptiness, the faster your body will heal. By practicing Qigong we go into the emptiness where we effortlessly balance the Yin and Yang, the female and male energy. As the balance of energy comes back, the body heals.

-Chunyi Lin creator of Spring Forest Qigong

“What is actual meditation like?” I asked.

“There are no thoughts and there is no sense of time. If you are thinking, you are not in meditation. If you are aware of yourself, you are also not in meditation.

You must become like a baby in the womb, there and yet not there.

Meditation is like the borderline between sleep and waking, between consciousness and unconsciousness.”

“Very difficult.”

“Not so difficult, Kosta. You stayed in meditation for long periods when you were an embryo and a baby, and you pass through it now each time you drift off to sleep. You just have to
remember how.”

-The Magus Of Java

Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi