Musical Jedi!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #71278 by
Musical Jedi! was created by
Hey all!

I have read three or four threads about music and the Jedi who enjoy it. SO, I wanted to find out how many Jedi here are musical. Now, I guess "listening" or an "audience member" is a musical Jedi, but I'd like to know who actually performs music! Amateur or Professional. Or, if you ever have in the past.

Me, personally? I am a music major at the Jacobs School of Music at Indiana University.

I am studying Music Composition and Vocal Performance (both from a classical perspective). I am double majoring. :) I am also currently in an opera called Don Giovanni by Mozart.

Now... GO! haha.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #71280 by
Replied by on topic Re: Musical Jedi!
I am currently pursuing my associates degree in guitar performance at musicians institute, graduating next month. I am in the recording studio with my band called Through The Wake. We are in the hard rock genre. I also play blues and jazz styles. I love mozarts operas!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #71282 by
I was a music education major for 3 years before dropping out due to family and financial reasons. I do still play my saxophone at home for my own enjoyment. I also enjoy singing, and occasionally sing with a local barbershop chorus chapter. I'm working towards getting a home studio set up to do my own 4 part vocal multitracks (for fun). I haven't done any of it in a while, but I used to write and arrange all the time back in high school and college, though only one of my pieces has actually been performed in public, and that's because it was a project for my music theory class. The sucky part about that was that the other musicians and I had only rehearsed one time before the performance and I was playing on a soprano saxophone for the first time ever (I usually play tenor...much bigger, lol). I also dabble with piano for the heck of it.

I have also been a choir director at 2 churches. The last church I worked at, I was also the leader/director of the praise band, and was responsible for all the music selections for that group and also had to plan out the whole contemporary service.

In high school, I did a lot of musicals, often times having to sing another person's part from a hidden section off stage because they weren't singers. In college, I just sat behind the stage and played my saxophone with the band during musicals.

Music taste? Barbershop (both old school and the new age types) and Jazz (various genres of it).

More
11 years 8 months ago #71283 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic Re: Musical Jedi!
Sigh...

okay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa5cJJan4a4

Self taught rock/metal/blues guitarist since 1990. Also play drums and bass.

Few more tracks of material:
http://soundcloud.com/gemarrs

Currently have a new song in the works. Just a matter of determination and possibly a more powerful PC than I'm currently working with to finish it properly.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #71311 by
Now, see.. this is all fantastic!

Thanks for sharing. And, keep it up. :)