is it wrong

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #68576 by
is it wrong was created by
i recently took the advice of a freind about becomeing whats the word a stripper i guess i make good money doing it so am i morally in the wrong i have no clue is it un jedi like nooooooo i dont sleep with cilents

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #68577 by
Replied by on topic Re: is it wrong
Bow chicka wow wow...

Sorry, couldn't resist.

This Jedi doesn't care that you're a stripper, but I can't speak for other Jedi here.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #68578 by
Oh wait, I guess I didn't answer the question....

Are you morally in the wrong to be a stripper?

I say no.

But are you happy doing it? Is it your bliss?

The money is good you say, but if you're miserable doing it, then it might be immoral for YOU to be a stripper.

The fact you're even asking the question makes me wonder how comfortable you are being a stripper...but I could be wrong.

MTFBWY,
LTK

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 9 months ago #68579 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: is it wrong
Look at it the other way: You're not removing your clothes, it's everyone else who's putting theirs on!

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #68581 by
If people would pay me money to take my clothes off, id jump on it. I personally am not one to moralize about human sexuality. To each his own, ya know?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #68586 by
Depends on if you think being a stripper makes others TRULY happy.

In Buddhism, the 8-fold path says to have a "Right Action" and a "Right Livelihood". To me, it is saying that we should have jobs that promote happiness or the necessity of man. Providing food, working at retirement homes or working in the medical fields. Or, in my case, art. Music is truly good for the soul, so I have no problem making a career out of being a Bard.

If you can rationalize stripping (to be honest, I cannot) to bring TRUE happiness to others, then you GO FOR IT.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #68597 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re: is it wrong
I can think of several people waiting for me to get in trouble on this.

One can't judge a performance until after seeing the show. As a rule of thumb unless you hear the customers saying, "A tisket a tasket where oh where's the basket?" or they're asking if your Speedo gives change you're probably doing a good job.

Founder of The Order
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Br. John.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #68604 by
This is how I work out if somethings wrong relating to morales.

1. Does it hurt anyone? If yes, I stop right there, if no I carry on.
2. Will it hurt anyone in the long run? If yes, I stop right there, if no I carry on.
3. Does it make me happy? If yes, I carry on, if no, I stop right there.
4. Will it benefit my life in anyway? If yes, I carry on, if no I stop right there.

Something like stripping could hurt someone in the long run, I.e. if a woman's husband was visiting a female stripper and she didn't know about the stripper, it'd cause trust issues in the marriage, but is it the strippers fault for the husband not telling his wife? No, all she's doing is her job, what she's paid to do, she can't cater for everyone, it's like the old saying goes.

"You can make some people happy some of the time but you can't make all the people happy all the time"

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #68609 by
When I have a moral-related issue, I think: 'Could a Disney character on a good-side do this without ruining the movie?'. Weird, but works.

Could someone put a quotation about sin from Terry Pratchett's 'Carpe Iugulum' ? I can't find it anywhere, and I think it covers ethics pretty well.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #71853 by
Sometimes a persons gotta do what needs to be done. Whether that is taking off their clothes for money, or flipping burgers for minimum wage. If it pays the bills and kind of puts a smile on your face then keep doing it until you find something better that you may be more comfortable with. You have to take the ups with the downs.

A young man once was told by his father: "Why do we fall?" The child responded that he did not know. The father looked into his child's eyes and said: "We fall to learn to pick ourselves up." (Yes I just quoted Batman) If this is a time where you believe to have fallen, you just need to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and move forward.

Best of luck, and May the Force be with You.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi