moral crossroads

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #65979 by
moral crossroads was created by
Today i find myself at a moral crossroads.
I have had a female best friend since I was thirteen today out the blue i was basically mouth raped and she confessed feelings. Normally any ohter girl i would've been on but this is a delicate situation i do confess feelings for her but if a relationship grows so do the chances of loseing my best friend. her daughter has only knowen me as daddy for a long time. so it would be benifical for her child for us to be together but if it doesnt work out i lose the relationship with her and her daughter what to do what to do i swear getting older just brings more problems than its worththis is just a rant a vent if you will but i must make a decision either way im confussed as hell

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #65994 by
Replied by on topic Re: moral crossroads
what does this have to do with morals?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #65996 by
how is it a moral cross roads ill explain for ya is it morally right for me to hook up with her for the sake of the kid who only nos me as daddy or is it morally right to stay freinds and hurt myfreind everytime she sees me with another chick

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #65999 by
Why does breaking up with her mean you can no longer be friends with her? I'm still friends with my ex-girlfriend

If you try to have a relationship but find it doesn't work then break it off and leave it at that. Go back to where you are now knowing that you at least tried

If you never give it a go then you'll never know how it could have gone and how well it might have turned out

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #66002 by
morals and values are not universal. You have to do what is right for you. You are the only who who can hold yourself accountible to your standards.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 9 months ago #66010 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: moral crossroads
My wife and I have known each other for over 30 years....

I've been married three times now... The first two were not very well thought out...

I was not looking for a "wife"...

I never have been...

I was looking for a best friend... A confidant, a shelter from the meanies and buttheads of the world...

She (my current) refused to date me, said yes to going out, then failed to show many times...

Eventually, I said, "look, either we try this or we dont, but stop playing games..."

We are on our 15th year...

+++++++++++++++++++++

is it morally right for me to hook up with her for the sake of the kid who only nos me as daddy

is it morally right to stay freinds and hurt myfreind everytime she sees me with another chick

If you find yourself unable to be with this women because of her own positive traits, then do not date her...

Do not date her because of her kid...

When this kid grows up and moves out, or is absent possibly visiting the biological dad, the situation will grow tense...

As Hannigan said, do what you think is right, dont do what anyone says to do, think for yourself, listen to advice, but, make the decision you can live with...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #66012 by
I would not focus on whether or not to commit to a relationship for the sake of her daughter, but to focus firstly on your feelings; would you describe your feelings for her as high admiration or love? If so, I say go for it!

Express it as a 'trial run' maybe. You respect the friendship between you so much that you wouldn't want to loose her as a friend if things don't work out. I'm sure she would understand the reasoning behind this.

If things go well, the relationship will blossom with no further needs of discussion!

I hope this helps in some way in finding the right direction at your crossroads.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #66013 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Re: moral crossroads
I don’t see the problem here! Perhaps I am just not looking at it from the right angle?

Let me explain what I am reading and give you an insight to what I think.
1) Your best friend confessed that she has feelings for you that go beyond mere friendship.
2) You admit to having feelings for her.
3) There is a child involved, but all parties involved are acquainted and like each other.

I would think that the first two previously mentioned points are paramount in these considerations. I would think that if the two of you care for one another and the idea of taking your friendship to a different place is appealing then why not? Right now, let’s not consider the child.

You mentioned that you feared losing your best friend. What is keeping you from losing her now? I, personally, would rather be in a relationship with my best friend.
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

I would think that the only moral dilemma you would be experiencing is not so much a moral problem as it is a personal issue. To me, it sounds as though doubt and fear have taken hold and you are afraid to let good things be. I do not mean that to be insulting, but rather to help you come to terms with what is bothering you. If you spend your time worrying about might what happen… then will you ever “let” anything happen to you? I am not saying that you should do it and everything will turn out fine! I am saying that you obviously care for her and would like for the relationship to be redefined.

Once a set of actions have been put into place there is nothing you can do to undo it. The dynamic of the relationship the two of you shared has already changed… just because the two of you have admitted that you do care for each other in a deeper fashion. What are you going to do about it?

Monastic Order of Knights
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Wescli Wardest. Reason: coloring important parts.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #66017 by
as has been pointed out, morality is often relative. to use an extreme example, if i were in a duel to death with somebody for some reason, i would do what i had to do to survive, even tho that action would be completely anathema to the angels of my better nature.

here, you have to ask yourself what is best for YOU, and i speak from experience. i tried the whole 'stay for the kids' thing. it didnt work out. later on, you start to resent your lack of freedom, question that choice, become sullen. at least i did. it is harder for you to make someone else happy (like your gf and her child) when you are not yourself.

its the same principle as the signs on airplanes telling you to put your own oxy mask on first in case of emergency, THEN the kids. because what good will you be to them if you pass out from lack of oxygen?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #66018 by
it may not be a big thing to some people but to me the choose is a big one life changeing i aprecate yalls input no matter what the child will have a father figure in me

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi