Power Outages in US - everyone ok?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #65725 by
To my fellow American Jedi, just checking in to make sure everyone's all right after the power outages from several days ago. For those who are unaware, a monstrous thunderstorm blew through a large portion of the US causing 12 confirmed deaths and plenty of casualties due to high winds and the like. During this time, temperatures were fairly consistently in the triple digets as many were powerless. My neighbourhood was out of power for 45 hours until last night, and there are still plenty without power as we speak. Anyway, just wanting to make sure everyone's surviving out there. :) It's good to be back on the Internet, I'm not going to lie. Check in?

http://www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/Americas/Thunderstorm-hits-US-East-Coast-snaps-power-supply/Article1-881885.aspx

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #65728 by
I stood duty driver that Sat. And it was post aplocolyptic chaos for the Marine Corps. Entire HQ shut down, buildings got smashed up and such. Power still isn't back to most places : /

Tree went down right in front of my house but no damage. Just missed my car :o but I got my power restored on Sat morning to my house. Marine Corps facilities on the other hand....

and the people here loose their minds, almost got boxed in and flipped sitting in 3 hours of traffic that afternoon becuase everyone lost their minds!!!! :o And i was in a BIG 11 passenger cargo military van!!!!!

But we are ok here. Only trees and power lines went down, no casualties (cept some guys brand new corvette T-T)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #65939 by
Prayers to all affected.
Glad to hear you are fine Master War Beauty, and Rev Aceboizor..I hope the rest of out Jedi brethern are also fine.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #65961 by
We were fortunate to be on the part of Fort Meade that got power back by Sat morning. Some folks spent about 4 days with no power, and they're still trying to work out their insurance claims.

I love those 11 passenger military vans! It's like driving a refrigerator.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi