• Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • the circle is now complete
More
14 years 9 months ago #24757 by Garm
B.C. toddler unharmed after floating 12 kms downstream

A B.C. toddler survived a harrowing ride after he drove his toy truck into a river and was carried 12 kilometres downstream before rescuers caught up with him.

14/07/2009 10:01:33 PM

CTV.ca News Staff

Three-year-old Demetrius Jones disappeared on the weekend from his parents' campsite at the Peace Island Park in Taylor, B.C. near Fort St. John.

The boy, who was not wearing a lifejacket, disappeared Sunday morning at about 7:30 a.m. PT, and was found far downstream more than two hours later after campers and RCMP launched a full-scale search for the boy.

He was eventually spotted by Don Loewen.

\"We just kept going down the river watching all the log jams and keeping our eyes out for any sign of the car or the boy,\" Loewen told CTV British Columbia.

\"We spotted something sitting on the east banks that looked like some rocks or an eagle or something.\"

What the men believed were rocks were actually the black tires of the overturned toy truck sticking out from the water.

\"And what we thought was an eagle or something was the little boy's blond head sticking up there,\" he said.

Jones was clinging to the top of the overturned battery-powered toy car in about three metres of water.

The boy, who was only wearing a diaper and T-shirt, was wet from the knees down but was otherwise OK.

After spotting Jones, Loewen and the four other men in his boat approached slowly and cautiously to avoid tipping the improvised raft.

\"I shut off the boat and I jumped into the water and swam over to him and the boys idled up to him with the boat and we pulled him in,\" Loewen said.

\"We started wrapping him in our floating coats and started rubbing him and rubbing him until he got warm.\"

The group called his parents on the way back to the campsite.

Police said the toddler seemed unaware of the danger he had been in, said Const. Jackelynn Passarell of the Fort St. John RCMP.

\"Speaking with the members, he seemed pretty excited to be dealing with the police. I don't think he really realized the gravity of what had just occurred,\" Passarell told The Canadian Press.

Police are using the incident as a reminder of the dangers of allowing children to play near open water without adult supervision.

\"The Fort St. John RCMP wish to remind parents about the dangers posed by moving water and ask that everyone be vigilant around children playing in or near the water,\" states a news release from the RCMP.

\"We wish to thank everyone who assisted with this search, which inevitably lead to a happy ending to what could have been a very sad incident.\"

WOW!!! talk about someone watching over this kid!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
14 years 9 months ago #24776 by Jon
That is super news Master Garm! Just goes to show that there is a Force, a Force on our side! Thanks for sharing that.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
14 years 9 months ago #24777 by Jon
On a similar note have a look at this. A turkish boy survives without injury a head on hit by a car.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2497715/Miracle-boy-survives-crash.html

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Garm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
14 years 9 months ago #24786 by Garm
I guess that if it's not your time, it's just not your time...

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
14 years 9 months ago #24849 by Jon
I guess that speaks a lot for the theory of destiny.

• Garm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
14 years 9 months ago #24870 by Garm
Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, and I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen *anything* to make me believe that there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. 'Cause no mystical energy field controls *my* destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

~Han Solo

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 'Indy' is so funny!

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
14 years 9 months ago #24871 by Jon
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: oh man! Brother you have other potentials appart from engineering, like acting or comedian! When I was reading that at first I thought it was you until I reached the end.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 8 months ago #24920 by
Han was a lucky dude.

I think \"Luck\" is a product of the Force. Some eptimology of the word God comes from a Luck Diety. Anyways he sure did have good timing.

But one does not have to acknowledge the Force to be guided by it.

• Garm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
14 years 8 months ago #24922 by Garm
Han is one of my fav characters, that scruffy looking nerf-hearder!!

For the longest time I felt that I was born 40 years too late, I can feel the draw toward being a tramp steamer captain...it's either my romantic side that wants to see the world side on my own terms or too many Bogart flics. :laugh:

And Br. MTeg you are oh so very right, we do not have to acknowledge the force to be guided by it. We just call it by other names, luck, intuition, divine guidence ? :)

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #24929 by Jon
I would go so far as to say that even if we reject or deny the Force straight out we are also still guided by it. We tend to get shown until we have no choice but see it, in other words the hard way. Maybe only when we experience the darkest darkness can we apreciate the light most. Existance itself is the living proof of the Force`s vitality.

Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by Jon.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi