• Garm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • the circle is now complete
More
15 years 9 months ago #16520 by Garm
:laugh: :laugh: I simply love this and have a simular experience.

I was at a World Kubudo Federation International tournament in Quebec City in '99. On the third day I had the honor of participating in a class that was given by a Japanese gentleman and his wife. Both had to have been in their seventies and where about the same stature as in SS's post. Neither could speak english, and they demonstrated with the help of a translater. As we worked through the techniques, they would wander through the group using sign and body language to correct any errors. at one point there was an issue with a movement that no one seemed to get. The little miss's took up a stance and motioned to a rather large third degree to advance on her...he was a little hesitant ant first and it aws apparent that he didn't try very hard. She stopped mid point, slapped his face twice and stood back and motioned to start again. He got the point and put more heart into the next attack. She stepped aside and what looked like nothing but a wave sent the fellow sprawling...it was something to see. Little and frail in appearance, swift, graceful, and awsomely powerfull in reality...

The most suprising thing was, during lunch break, I was eating an apple in the court area, in complete lazy western slouch mode...and along came the elderly pair. They saw me, and must have recognized me from their class. They stopped, turned to me and bowed...these two masters stopped to bow to me a lowly blue belt. I quickly stood and bowed in return, complet with a mouthfull of apple the entire time. :)

I learned some important lessons that day; size and age matters not, and no matter what one rises to, always respect others.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #16521 by
I really like both of the stories but I think more can be learned from Garms. But both were excellent

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi