Shipinthestars87's Journal

More
04 Aug 2024 20:05 #377612 by Shipinthestars87
Good evening everyone, 
                                          I hope you are all well today? It has taken me a little while to get on to the site after finishing the first lesson in the IP. By that, I mean literally one lesson, but it's okay, these things take a little time don't they? The reason for my absence on the site is mainly due to life things happening, of which I won't go in to too much detail here, but let's just say it has required much patience and faith in the force for things to work out correctly. 
    However, I'm writing from a place of joy. I'm currently on my 6 weeks holiday from work, as I work as a school counsellor and have finished my first year in the job. This is my dream job and the one I spent the last 10 years of my life working towards. It has taken so long because I had to go back and basically start my schooling from scratch as I didn't do well when I was a teenager. I feel like I have succeeded in where I'd like to be and life right now fills me with contentment. Of course, this might change down the line, but right now, in this moment I can't think of anywhere else I'd like to be. 
    The job has been difficult at times and there have been things I've heard that I'd never thought I'd here. Yet, in truth, this is the job I've been hoping to get way back when I started going back to school a decade ago. One of the things that has always seen me through and something I've never shied away from in my interviews or in my job is that I have a deep unending love of both Star Wars and Obi-Wan Kenobi. Though some have seen it as a somewhat unprofessional response, for me it has always been a way to stay true to myself and authentic, as without this, I don't ever feel like I'd have gotten to where I am and many times I sit and reflect upon this feeling and it reminds me of why I decided to go into counselling in the first place. Truth be told, like most people I'm sure, I've always wanted to be a Jedi. Obi-Wan was the first person I ever saw who I thought was a hero I'd like to be like (when I was a little older, Spiderman would follow in second place). I feel at this point in my life, I'm as close to this goal as I've ever been. 
    My love for Obi-Wan and Star Wars fills my inner child with joy and satisfaction. When times get tough like they have been recently, it is a compass that guides and keeps hope alive that things will be okay and life isn't always doom and gloom, despite it feeling that way sometimes. So for my holidays, I've been using the time to reconnect with myself and watch the Star Wars movies, to once again fall in love with something that has been a big part of my life for as long as I can remember. 

May the force be with us all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fractal

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZeroVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTaviKhwang