Recommend me a podcast

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330894 by
Replied by on topic Recommend me a podcast

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Arisaig wrote: I agree with not chasing the taste of good food, but there is no harm in knowing what you are craving.[/color]

How do you know what you would crave if you refuse to even taste it?

Two assumptions as to why...

One, we have tasted and we don't like.

Two, we see the warning labels on the side.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330896 by

Arisaig wrote:

Obviously the first one is in error because the requester refused to even try. The second one is in error because walking into a place and adding your own warning label to a product because of your own preconceived bias is a fallacy.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330898 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Arisaig wrote:

Obviously the first one is in error because the requester refused to even try. The second one is in error because walking into a place and adding your own warning label to a product because of your own preconceived bias is a fallacy.

Then, by all means, consume away, despite labels put on by other people. In the end, Rex has said what he is interested in. It does not align with your... appetites, so drop the matter rather than say he's a fool for doing otherwise.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330900 by

Arisaig wrote:
Then, by all means, consume away, despite labels put on by other people. In the end, Rex has said what he is interested in. It does not align with your... appetites, so drop the matter rather than say he's a fool for doing otherwise.

You have this habit of putting words in others mouths. I never called anyone a fool. Im fine with what rex is interested in, I could care less what he listens to. Im just stating a bit of philosophical wisdom that I find meaningful.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330901 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Arisaig wrote:

You have this habit of putting words in others mouths. I never called anyone a fool. Im fine with what rex is interested in, I could care less what he listens to. Im just stating a bit of philosophical wisdom that I find meaningful.

Excellent. Then we are in agreement. :) Let him consume what he wants.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330904 by

Arisaig wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Arisaig wrote:

Methinks you dont know the meaning of the word agreement.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330907 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Arisaig wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Arisaig wrote:

Methinks you dont know the meaning of the word agreement.

Grasping at straws, really? Get back on topic.

Not sure if this is down your ally, Rex, but I'm a big fan of the Dude Soup Podcast. Just a bunch of nerds making nineties references. XD

Warning: Spoiler!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #330911 by

Arisaig wrote:

I dont believe you have the authority to give me an order of this nature. In any event I am on topic. We are discussing the valid nature or not of suggested topics in podcasts. I find that valid. Rex asked for podcasts, some were provided, he dismissed those and since then we have been exploring why he dismissed those. What are the underlying reasons why some would be dismissed and others not. I find that valuable conversation.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330912 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Arisaig wrote:

I dont believe you have the authority to give me an order of this nature. In any event I am on topic. We are discussing the valid nature or not of suggested topics in podcasts. I find that valid. Rex asked for podcasts, some were provided, he dismissed those and since then we have been exploring why he dismissed those. What are the underlying reasons why some would be dismissed and others not. I find that valuable conversation.

I dunno, seems like you were trying to question if I understood the meaning of agreement... But whadda I know?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330914 by
No promises that any of these will be your thing, Rex, but:

Saga Thing podcast - two dudes read and discuss Icelandic sagas, only more fun than that might sound: https://sagathingpodcast.wordpress.com/
In Our Time - BBC podcast that is mostly about history: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qykl
Angel City Zen Center - recordings of their dharma talks: https://www.aczc.org/aczcpodcast/
Isaac Meeyer's History of Japan podcast - what it says on the tin: http://isaacmeyer.net/

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi