Library Accessiblity

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327869 by
Library Accessiblity was created by
Hello everyone! As a new IP participant, I've been perusing the resources in the library, and I noticed that while some are available in both text and audio format, most are only available in one or the other. I know that many people require one form or the other in order to consume media, so if those in charge of the library approve, I'd love to help with transferring all the documents into accessible formats. Please reply if:

1. You know who I should contact about this. I know Zenchi was the librarian but has recently left the Temple.
2. You would like to help with this project (transcribing, recording audio, or both).
3. There is a particular document in the library that you're interested in but need in another format! If this gets off the ground, I'd like to address Members' immediate needs first.

I apologize if this is overstepping! I know that I'm very new here and I have barely started the IP. I'm just very passionate about accessibility, and I want to help everyone have an even chance to learn. Thank you for your time!

May the force be with you, always.
Hayley

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #327870 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Library Accessiblity
Hiya,

Thanks for letting us know of this. Our library had a change over in how the files were stored, the links for some are not working. This is one of the things we are working on.

In terms of what is available, it would be wonderful if we had audio, video and text for any item to accommodate all learning styles! We generally receive suggestions from people along with links and add them to the library. If you want to make them, hunt them down, work with others, what have you, that's awesome!

Thanks

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos,

More
5 years 6 months ago #327871 by Carlos.Martinez3
Not overstepping at all. Let us get our ducks in a row and we will get back to you as soon as we have sorting ready. As time goes on we are adjusting to the vacancy’s some have left. Nothing bad, just filling in the holes now. Let me know directly what you need directly and I’ll see what we can find . We can figure this out and eventually fill in what is missing as far as the IP is conserved. That’s one of the things that we can fix and need to fix and and has our attention. Thank you for making us aware of that.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos,

More
5 years 6 months ago #327872 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Library Accessiblity
Be careful with this project. The library is already a hot mess in regards to copyright law.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, Kobos,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327874 by
Replied by on topic Library Accessiblity
Sounds great! I'd love to be of service once positions are filled and whatnot.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327875 by
Replied by on topic Library Accessiblity
I did wonder about that. That's definitely an issue that should be addressed. Thank you for bringing it up.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi