The next industrial revolution - and a nod to Star Wars

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 week ago #320453 by
I was at a tech conference for IBM last month in Las Vegas and the CEO of Verizon was talking about 5G; he believes it will bring about the next Industrial Revolution.

I was reading about it in Forbes the other day and thought others might find it as interesting as I did (plus the nod to Star Wars :) )

http://fortune.com/2018/04/12/5g-technology-explained/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 week ago #320454 by Adder
So miffed they still give me a pain in the head. So I find it a bit difficult to rationalize balancing working towards higher 'energetic' sensitivities while at the same time surrounding oneself with super dooper transmitters. I'm not scientist and am just happy to wear it as a personal idiosyncrasy but as a result its a perspective I have to have.

A study which talks about the narrow beam mentioned in the article can be found here . Perfect opportunity to bring out my story of getting a guided tour on a visiting USN frigate when I was a teenager.... the officer told us his fire control radar could get such a narrow beam that it could focus on and cook a steak stuck on the flagpole at the stern of the ship!!! The military has known about EM danger for decades, but as all things it's all in the details of the particular system and how one uses it. For example, this oldskool vid redefines the Hero's journey trollolol :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3Al8vXeIvA

Explains why everyone wears shielding in Star Wars I guess.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
6 years 1 week ago #320461 by Cyan Sarden
I‘m on the same page as Adder as far as the EM-radiation issue goes.

TBH: 5G is basically just faster mobile internet. It‘ll have manifold applications, but my expectations are rather low. I doubt it‘ll be the next industrial revolution - as the said the same thing about LTE already :-) What really will be in my opinion is AI. The world will look very different within the next 50 years.

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 week ago #320495 by
Yeah I felt like 5G being the spur of the next Industrial Revolution was a bit hyperbolic but it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi