"Who am i"?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #313127 by
"Who am i"? was created by
This question has boggled the minds of many, and will continue to do so until the end of man, but as Jedi we ask this question not just to find who we are, but to seek truth within the force itself. We are not just flesh, meat, and bone, we are the force. So asking who am I means so much more. When we ask ourselves "Who am I" we shouldn't look for a shallow answer such as, "I am me" or anything like that. We should seek the true answer, the answer that takes decades to find, the answer that not only explains who we are but shows us what we are.

For thousands even millions of years the question "Who am I" was a finish line, a stop, "I know who I am, so why should I search anymore?" or "I know who I am. What could possibly be anymore to me"? These have caused so many minds that would shape reality as we know it to stop in there tracks, forget the path in front of them, and ultimately slow our progress as a society, or even slow the connection to the force itself. So as Jedi we cannot let the question as "Who am I" be shallow and vague. This question must not be a finish line, but instead a stepping stone. The first step to greater and higher thoughts, "Who am I" should be a question to connect deeper with ourselves and the force.

When we meditate or relapse on ourselves, what do you ask your self? Do you ask anything? Perhaps, just perhaps we should ask "Who am I" on a deeper sense. to broaden our minds, and not finish the questions, but open a door for deeper ones. As Jedi we not only seek wisdom and knowledge, but we focus on them as well. As Jedi the question "Who am I" is the question to begin all questions. The question to start the journey, to strengthen the connection to the force. Next time you find yourself asking who you are, remember your not just matter, you are the force.

- Bradly Thomas.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #313134 by thomaswfaulkner
Replied by thomaswfaulkner on topic "Who am i"?
One of my most favorite things to do while reflecting inwardly is to sort of erase this physical line of the idea that I am my body and simply just explore that suchness of me-ness in all the surroundings. In time you find things to be soo full, yet completely empty.

Thank you for sharing this Bradly.

Right View ~ Right Intention ~ Right Speech ~ Right Action ~ Right Livelihood ~ Right Effort ~ Right Mindfulness ~ Right Concentration

Knight of the Order
Ordained Clergy Person
Teaching Master: Senan
IP Journal l AP Journal l Seminary Journal l Personal Ministry Statement

If you need to talk, we are here to listen.
Contact the Clergy

May all beings be happy and free and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute
in some way to the happiness and freedom for all.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #313144 by
Replied by on topic "Who am i"?
I enjoyed reading and thinking into this, Bradly.

More
6 years 2 months ago #313148 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic "Who am i"?
The interesting thing about these sort of questions is that we tend to build up a finish line, an idea that when we get to answer it we will have our "happily ever after". The existential struggle is very nicely depicted in this scene from The Matrix Revolutions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztABYog5x3o

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #313150 by
Replied by on topic "Who am i"?
That is exactly correct

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #313151 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic "Who am i"?
I just sort of connect through feelings, and then explore iterations of possible concepts. The problem (if its actually a problem) is that testing the more wondrous of concepts seems beyond science. So, you get yogis, gurus, monks etc who devote their life to a particular approach to try and live as fruition of it. I reckon Jedi arent so much 'followers' in that sense and get benefit instead from exploring and developing their own, so the question comes down to doing it safely and with some longevity (as it seems a requirement, things take time).

In the fiction its not really defined besides being seemingly only temporarily corporeal. But borrowing from other traditions, the first trick seems to be to strip away defiled conceptualization such as chasing desires and superficiality, generating a genuine character, then connecting more fully to awareness (to the Force!?), and then developing 'the way' to move out of the cave. The later part is important, because it allies to the beneficial conceptualization so to avoid falling into illusions that might in fact be delusions. But not going as far as asserting blind faith in a belief of something, does allow one to explore some strange concepts about the potential nature of an essence beyond the known.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi