Aurebesh ("Standard" language)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #287684 by
Alright. So I've decided to put together the very basics of the Aurebesh language, or the "standard" language of Star Wars for those that wish to learn or just translate something. I know that there are more symbols, but this is the very basic.

I also decided to put this here because there were a few symbol in the Book of Sith that I didn't quite get.

Keep learning. ;)

Attachment Aurebesh-language.png not found

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #287688 by
Replied by on topic Aurebesh ("Standard" language)
There's a couple of sites that have this done as well. Hell, there's even sites that have a translator that takes anything you type and translates it!

I'll be getting a future tattoo in this language soon :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #287690 by

vladucard wrote: There's a couple of sites that have this done as well. Hell, there's even sites that have a translator that takes anything you type and translates it!

I'll be getting a future tattoo in this language soon :)

Sounds really cool. I'm sure it'll look awesome on you. :lol:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #287778 by
Would it be terribly annoying to have an entire thread where posts and responses were written only in Aurebesh?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #287782 by

Mythos wrote: Would it be terribly annoying to have an entire thread where posts and responses were written only in Aurebesh?

Yes and no. As it stands above, Aurebesh is more or less a cypher. Really wouldn't take a long time to have this new alphabet memorized.

I'm sure some people would be lost and unable to understand it, of course, but it is a remarkably simple language.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #287784 by
Do I need to start learning this? Will this be in more threads? I've got enough studies keeping me busy as it is...
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #287785 by

Weezer wrote: Do I need to start learning this? Will this be in more threads? I've got enough studies keeping me busy as it is...

@Weezer

Lol, no you don't need to study this. :p This is more of the Star Wars nerds, not the Temple as a whole. ;)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #287786 by
I tried memorizing it once and I failed. I did the same with the dovah language from them elder scrolls games and, well, failed at that too, lol.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #287795 by

Mythos wrote: Would it be terribly annoying to have an entire thread where posts and responses were written only in Aurebesh?

No, it was more something I put here for fun, in case anyone wishes to learn it. :P

More
6 years 7 months ago #297927 by Lykeios Little Raven
Personally, I prefer just making my own languages, but if this is something you like and will have fun with then more power to you!

I'll poke my head in from time to time to see how you're doing.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi