Meditations On The 21 Maxims: Chapter One - The First Maxim

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #283194 by
The 21 Maxims led me here so I decided to write a series of meditations on them. Each meditation will be spaced apart by up to a week...so as not to overwhelm everyone as well as to ensure I keep away from pride, vanity, etc. I hope my words may be of some benefit....novice though I am. Thanks!

First Meditation: Prowess
"To seek excellence in all endeavors expected of a Jedi."
-
"A Jedi strives to acquire greater skill and expertise in what they do at all times so that it may be used in the service of the greater good, and not for personal profit. This requires discipline, patience, and perfect practice."
-
All my life I've been fond of learning and aware of its value. It is one among a few "rare resources" which I've observed to be especially precious...with Time being the most valued (and ironically underappreciated). There is a satisfaction which comes with learning, gaining knowledge and experience...setting out on the path of mastery for something worthwhile.

To remain ignorant, idle, and apathetic is self-destructive. Courageously committing to a path which confidently leads to the wisdom of liberation and an earnest awareness of and application of virtue is an authentic characteristic of heroism. It creates that selflessness expected of a Jedi...for it clears away the dust of delusion which blinds the vision of anyone who can't see how interconnected we all are through the Force. Once we see we no longer stumble...once we learn we no longer feel as fearful, uncertain and doubtful in the same respect.

We can then altruistically decide to instruct others perhaps through concentrative thought, honest/generous speech, compassionate/merciful actions...realizing the greater good and never for the dark side of delusion, passion, or meaningless power. Let me develop the traits, habits, and attitudes of discipline, patience, and perfect practice...abiding in these states in order to realize the perfection of the First Maxim.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi