Sith

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #269793 by
Sith was created by
Are there any Sith living today? That's slightly frightening if there are. Does anyone know of any real-life Sith and/or Dark Jedi?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #269794 by Leah Starspectre
Replied by Leah Starspectre on topic Sith

BacwnBágúnBacon wrote: Are there any Sith living today? That's slightly frightening if there are. Does anyone know of any real-life Sith and/or Dark Jedi?

Define "sith"

And remember that we are not Jedi as they appear in the Star Wars franchise. We don't go around fighting sith for the good.of the galaxy.

There are people (including people around TOTJO) who are sith, but again, it's not sith like in the Star Wars films. They're NOT evil or bad.

If you're interested in learning about sith values/teachings, there.are threads about that if you use the search function.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Leah Starspectre.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J_Roz

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #269818 by
Replied by on topic Sith

BacwnBágúnBacon wrote: Are there any Sith living today? That's slightly frightening if there are. Does anyone know of any real-life Sith and/or Dark Jedi?

Yes of course. Hilary Clinton for one.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #269819 by
Replied by on topic Sith
Lol. If you consider Hill one but not the Don, then...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #269823 by
Replied by on topic Sith

Connor L. wrote: Lol. If you consider Hill one but not the Don, then...

The Donald is a great Jedi Master that has come to set balance back to the force!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #269824 by
Replied by on topic Sith

Um. Ok. lol

More
7 years 3 months ago #269827 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Sith
Is there a corollary to Godwin's Law on the matter of subjects becoming about US Politics? :huh:

As for the OP - Yes and No.

There are Force believers who refer to themselves as Sith.

My (I'm sure likely to be corrected) understanding of it is that they believe in efficient, effective, and direct (Quite unlike movie Sith, as it turns out, since they plotted, schemed, and played the long game....)

I don't think any of them are planning world domination so much as "Health and prosperity for themselves and immediate family"

They probably read books like How to Make Friends and Influence People or 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #269828 by
Replied by on topic Sith
They use manipulation and coercion verses diplomacy and compromise as a means to an end. We have all met those people in life and there is a direct correlation to politics.

More
7 years 3 months ago #269830 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Sith

They use manipulation and coercion verses diplomacy and compromise as a means to an end. We have all met those people in life and there is a direct correlation to politics.

As applies to the politicians that are members here (or other related communities), sure there is.

Applying our "templates" to random figures of state is about as useful as Which Backstreet Boy Are You quizzes in Girlfriend Mag :)

The difference between manipulation and diplomacy is often semantic.

I make eye contact, smile, and compliment people before I ask them to do a task.
I have a rough understanding of how that affects their brain.

Am I being diplomatic, or manipulative?

(I'm certainly being adversarial at the moment :P )

I'm also getting distracted, both from my breakfast, and what I imagine was the spirit of this thread.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #269832 by
Replied by on topic Sith

JamesSand wrote:
I make eye contact, smile, and compliment people before I ask them to do a task.
I have a rough understanding of how that affects their brain.

Am I being diplomatic, or manipulative?

Your being a Sith. Those are coercion tactics. We each have sith and jedi traits within. They key is the balance of both aspects into a functional human form that is capable of both compassion and self preservation simultaneously.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi