Is that a Coyote???

More
11 years 1 month ago #102577 by Wescli Wardest
Driving home from work yesterday I saw a coyote on the side on the road. He wasn’t road kill; he was just sitting there watching the world go by.

Attachment imagesCAOLDLZ6.jpg not found

There are a lot of misconceptions about many of the animals one finds in the wild and the coyote has not been immune to this. Many think they are “bad” and don’t want them around; but, they serve a vital role in the environment. Some people say, we need to get rid of animals like that. Or, why are they coming in our area? When the truth is we have invaded their area.

It fills we with wonder, a since of awe and sadness when I see things like that coyote setting on the side of the road. And it reminds me of the hardships the Native Americans must have faced when they were being moved from their homes.

Attachment imagesCA4GMIL0.jpg not found

I have no desire to preach or point out things we do that might be harmful to other life. So, I will end with this…
It is my hope that we all slow down and realize the repercussions of our actions and inactions; take a moment to be filled with wonder when the unexpected happens; and learn to love nature in all her beauty.

Monastic Order of Knights
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Brenna

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #102586 by
Replied by on topic Re: Is that a Coyote???
And they're such SMART animals too! We always find them mimicking calls to try and lure our dogs away. :ohmy:

But I agree with you that people are too gung ho when it comes to development and "getting rid" of different life forms. I mean, coyotes and wolves don't do half the things people say they do. And even if they eat a chicken or two that's what they were built for. You can outsmart an animal before you ever need to consider killing it.

Awesome pictures and lovely post, by the way. :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #102609 by
We should just let nsture tskes it's course. Everytime we try to balance things we screw things up. We can all live together just fine.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #102613 by
I don't think so. I think we are inevitably destructive to our environs, for various reasons. It has happened again and again and again throughout history. Ask the dodo, or the great auk, or that cougar who just went extinct I posted about on myy fb page. Or millions of acres of amazonia, or who and whatever used to inhabit easter island.

We are an invasive species, and technology has only excacerbated that trend, to the point that now we face our own destruction within a few generations from the damage we have caused to this planet and its own inhabitants.

That is a shame and a sorrow that we all bear a part of, myself included.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 1 month ago #102655 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: Is that a Coyote???
Ask every single animal that has ever had a presence in europe (except pigs, cows, and chickens...)

Though to be fair our ecosystem doesnt seem in ruins, just not diverse, we virtually have no animal wildlife. Even the bloody squirrels are going extinct, and we aren't hunting them.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
11 years 1 month ago #102657 by Wescli Wardest
I would not say that the ecosystem is in ruins as of yet. But at the rate we multiply and expand to accommodate the masses and toll that it causes on the environment, I really do believe there will come a point that we cause a mass extinction level event. Even now there are several species of amphibians in danger of extinction. Not because we hunt them but because we have accelerated the deterioration of their natural environment. Amphibians have survived through several extinction events during their time in the Earth’s history. But it looks like they might not survive us.

That being said, most of the life that has ever existed on the planet has gone extinct. Extinction is not an uncommon event. I just don’t want to be the one responsible for wiping out another life form and especially not their entire species.

I love nature in all her wonder, beauty, ugliness and mystery. I only shared this in the hopes that it might help others to remember to slow down and not take for granted to joy that is the world we live in.
:)

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 1 month ago #102787 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: Is that a Coyote???
About 14 years ago my mom saw a "dog" get hit by a car...the car just kept on going...so my mom stopped and picked up the "dog" and brought it home so we could get it some help...I told her it wasn't a dog and she didn't believe me....so we called animal control, whom confirmed that I was right...it was a young female coyote...and she was an absolute sweetheart despite her hind legs being broken...they took her to a rehab center before eventually re-releasing her...wild canines often get a bad rap because they're misunderstood...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest,

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 1 month ago #102821 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: Is that a Coyote???

Even now there are several species of amphibians in danger of extinction. Not because we hunt them but because we have accelerated the deterioration of their natural environment. Amphibians have survived through several extinction events during their time in the Earth’s history. But it looks like they might not survive us.

Farmed animals are prosperous species. Frogs aren't going anywhere dude, french people like them too much ;)

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #102851 by

RyuJin wrote: About 14 years ago my mom saw a "dog" get hit by a car...the car just kept on going...so my mom stopped and picked up the "dog" and brought it home so we could get it some help...I told her it wasn't a dog and she didn't believe me....so we called animal control, whom confirmed that I was right...it was a young female coyote...and she was an absolute sweetheart despite her hind legs being broken...they took her to a rehab center before eventually re-releasing her...wild canines often get a bad rap because they're misunderstood...

People don't understand, they hate them for being hungry.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi