we are all pretending

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #76136 by
we are all pretending was created by
the title says it all, but how and what do i mean?

wasn't i once said by shakespere, the world is a stage and we are merely players.

it's been a while sinse i had the time to sit down and just meditate, think, and just get to the problem that i was faced with each and every day. i'm not going to go into the problem nor my line of thought other than to explain, something perhaps a little crazy, only to get it out there and see other peoples veiws on what i say.

there is no real self. what does this mean? well it simply means that the aggressive, greedy, manipulative person, anybody can be at any given moment due to unseen circumstances, of lack of control, over the illusioned self and others who may or may not be close to hand. has to be seen as something that it actually is, an actor. who is playing this part? the collective unconscousness that has kept itself for so long hidden away behind the scenes of the past. to uncover such a tirent, one must realize something. that they to are playing a part an act. unwittingly contrabuting to the destuction of mother earth, and the suffering of oh so many billions of residence on the monster rock we call earth.

when did i notice such a phenomina? first off, i saw an elderly woman, back bent over, walking stick, and a grim look on her face. something told me to look deeper, so i did, i saw there was tricks afoot, that this old woman, in fact gave the whole game away to me, how? because my first and best reaction to this woman was that i wanted to shout out to her, obviously from a caring place on my heart, to stand up propperly, and stop making a song and a dance out of being old, what kind of example are you giving by walking past the bus stop, in front of the college students, making a fuss over such a poor old lady. i nearly kicked away her walking stick and told her to start running before i shoved my boot into her backside. but no i remained calm and just in amaizement, wonder, aw, of this little woman, plodding by. it was almost as if i could see beyond her ilusion, into reality where really she wasnt bent backed and old. i had the greatest of suspisions of her, why she wasnt in a nursing home, why she didnt wait for the bus, and why she had to walk withing my range of sight, on that day, at that time??????

if she hadnt, it wouldnt have given me the wisdom that i now have, which on ferther thinking, and digesting, have come up with a few rules(take in mind that they are only suggestive, to give ou an example)

rule#1~if anyone ever comes at you in an aggressive manner, just realize, its all an act, so just play along with it. it'll resolve quicker and more fluidly if one of you knows the secret, but dont try to tell them to stop acting, this may or may not work, unless your willing to take the risk, don't go there.

rule#2~considering yourself as a conscouse actor, permits you to pick and choose your feelings and thoughts at will, because you see beyond the veil, whatever you're going through, can be seen in the piont of veiw as "i also am an actor, therefor, am i in charge of my role, or are others directing my life for me?"

rule#3~remember to conserve your energy, now that you're an actor apon the world stage, think quietly to yourself-what do i feel like doing/feeling/playing. and remember it's all just a game, where there are no winners or losers, only memories.

these are just the general gist of suggestions, but the main thing to take away from all this is, that not to be too seriouse. and that at any given time you can deside whatever you want to play with, and go exactly for that. easy peasy.

from one god to another, gracefull songs o season, permit thee to thy table banquet of celestial offering, and feast until satisfied. love dreameater.xxxx

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #76185 by
Replied by on topic we are all pretending
I know I sent a PM to you about this post, but I wanted to comment as well.
As you know, I enjoyed reading this and can say it has made me consider things a bit differently than I have previously.

May the Force be with you.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #76187 by
Replied by on topic Re: we are all pretending
The idea that people who suffer are all acting and that aggression should be met with aggression seems very out of character to the precepts of both the Jedi Code and the ideas put forward by the doctrine set forth on this site. Most of all the fact that you saw an old lady who had trouble walking and your first thought was to beat the snot out of her and kick her cane. :huh:

Beware the darkside, angry thoughts are seductive and addictive.

If you insist on believing that this world is relevant then it should always come from a place of compassion and understanding. Anything else is only contributing to its problems.

Let me break down my thoughts a bit more.

1) I've shared my thoughts on this. Aggression should be disarmed, not met with aggression. There are many ways to do this which are all outside of the bounds of this thread. (Although they warrant one of their own)

2) I agree that its important to realize that we are all actors in a very transitional world. Regardless of what you believe we all know our time here is not long, and that many of our actions are defined by circumstances outside ourselves. I would debate however that if you are aware of that fact you should strive to be more true to yourself, and not attempt to be a more convincing actor. Acting is at its heart deception, and deception has little to no place in honest spiritual growth.

3) As stated in my second point, acting has no place in spiritual growth. I suppose whether or not the world is just a game is a matter of opinion, but I tend not to agree with it. We are here for more then our own enjoyment. While I do agree we all have a part to play, I think you have to look beyond what you get out of that role.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #76258 by
I agree, being too serious is not the best of things. I disagree with your statements about the old woman. Are you saying it's better for students to get the idea that it's better to abuse the elderly than to help them? Because that's nuts. That woman use to be young, she could do what we do with the ease that we enjoy now, she was relevant, probably loved and had friends. Now, she probably can't run or not well, she's probably watched many loved ones die, and she probably doesn't feel relevant because society has passed her. Kicking her is not okay. Would you kick your own grandmother? Because they're not acting. They just show the wear and tear their lives handed them.

Maybe these thought of yours emerged from fear? Are you disgusted by her "illusion" because you yourself fear growing older?

Or maybe you're talking about her spirit. Her body may be aged, but that doesn't mean her spirit is.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #76843 by
sorry my fellow, i believe you missunderstood what i was implying, what i meant was that it doesn't matter IF someones aggressive too you, (not to turn around to that person and use a higher degree of aggression, in which alot of people try to do) but if you understand that if you can see beyond the simple act, and the realization that you two are acting, and that act is within the paradox of two things, namely the overall reality, in which there is all our realities, and in that is our entire illusion, which we call ourselves, mine, yours, his, hers, beyond that is the universal reality, which consists of the realization of space and time and matter being only within the physical, that all forms are just the serface of the great ocean of bliss, in which i was only pointing out in a different way, and the understanding of this(same self being more or less the same throughout the entire of exsistance time and space) that even aggression is deemed no different to an emotion, that once fully ridden out one can see the root of it, which basicaly is just a missunderstanding, and i am saying that all evil comes from missunderstanding, just give life a chance. thanks x

ps what IS spiritual growth? other than the contiueouse spiral into ever more responsibility? can we grow something that is already more complete? i suppose one might consider it to be the understanding of it. but then again total understanding would emply that it not us that understands, but love-unconditional love that is. thanks again

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #76846 by
omg! i was alot younger and a bit wreckless at that age, as i was balancing alot of emotional difficulties, i mean not to disturb anyone by my example, i only wanted to piont out that ego mind is not actually the big controller that most people get carried away with, and was just giving an example of the deepest dark of which i have from my experience relized to be actaully not altogether not that scary, and i do suppose what i was seeing and felt, at the time, was fear because i hadn't experianced such beauty, and my own intitial reacting which was to lash out, but took control of myself. should i have posted it? what do you think?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #77079 by
Well it was an interesting point and the idea behind it something to think about. The imagery was just a bit off putting. And although we all may be living an illusion not everyone realizes it the way you do. So, you may see it as an act while others (like the old lady) will see it as her/his life.

I do think it was a good post, however, even if it did ruffle some feathers (including mine) :) Looking into the darker aspects of the human ego or psyche can definitely be a beneficial thing. As can realizing that people can push past the ego and focus on other things.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi