TotJO Artwork (Official Communications)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #227499 by
Salutations,

This is primarily for Jestor and Brenna, to keep communications clear as things have been busy. We spoke on many things but considering my time and what we can get out of the time I have available. I thought of this for the first step.

To start, I have well over 32 clothing art designs already concept sketched, but I wished to focus on the following 5 pieces. Each would be interchangeable, meaning the art for the back/front can be switched or mixed up. All of it is done in Vector art, meaning it can be re-sized without loss of quality of artwork. Two of the Five Aspects as covered below (The Force and The Truth) are using special text based art which I am known locally for. This art is made for clothing but because the art is interchangeable, it can also be put on many other objects/posters/mugs/etc.

The Five Aspects (A clothing art line for TotJO)
The Five Aspects are the Belief, Code, Creed, Teachings, Maxims. Each of the front versions would have a TotJO, where the logo is surrounded by the three tenants.

The Belief
- Any color clothing, work done in black version and white version.
- Front: Simple Black/White TotJO logo
- Back: All eight lines of the 'Jedi Belief'.

The Code
- Front: Simple Black/White TotJO Logo
- Back: The entire Jedi Code.

The Jedi
- Front: Simple Black/White TotJO Logo
- Back: The entire TotJO Creed

The Force
- Back: A martial art style male/female (both?) in motion, surrounded by 16 energy waves, where the line work for each of the waves is done in pure text, consisting each of the 16 teachings.

The Truth
- Any color clothing, work done in black/white version, white/pink version, and black/pink version.
- Back: A Cherry Blossom tree with the 21 Maxims hanging surrounded by blossoms.

---

As specified in the private messages, all of the work is done as a donation where possible, free otherwise.

After this is done, which I can get it all done in a month, once officially approved. I would be willing to consider the poster line of work that Jestor and I discussed. I think we would get more starting interest for the time involved by starting with the Five Aspect line.

Thoughts?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #227505 by Brenna
Sounds good.

How about we just start with one design and see how it goes. We are of course limited to what can be offered through cafe press so this does need to be a continuing discussion.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Brenna.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Jestor

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #227507 by
Sure thing, I have the logo done already and the creed for the back can be done today as well.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #241944 by
Nice idea. I hope we can see a first sketch (?) asap.

Btw: Do you need some help?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #252242 by
I took some time off due to family and health but am back, should have an update on this today.

Logo & Creed done.

Sample:
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by .

More
7 years 7 months ago #252249 by Edan
Are you sure that the font would show ok? It's very flowery and elaborate.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #252250 by
Really not sure, depends on how it looks on the T-shirt layout. Changing the font is easily doing though. I would need feedback from those who put together the final product before I can really say.

More
7 years 7 months ago #252269 by Kit
I'm curious why you shortened some of the sixteen point star's points. That would imply that some of the teachings are more important than the others.

I also agree about the font being difficult to read. Even as large as it is on this screen. It'd be even more so on moving fabric. Makes my eyes want to cross lol.

More
7 years 7 months ago #252270 by Edan

Kit wrote: I'm curious why you shortened some of the sixteen point star's points. That would imply that some of the teachings are more important than the others.

I hadn't noticed that... but now you say it, it does look strange.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #252274 by
*Shugs* looks like a normal twinkling star that flickers in and out. Nothing in life is in perfect unison. Including the doctrines. We learn each one at our own pace, some more than others, and even then they have the potential to fade and glow brightly within our lives at different points when we need them most. Just like a star twinkling in and out.

Just my thoughts.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi