High Rez Badges

More
9 years 2 months ago #179639 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic High Rez Badges
Yes, the badge was made : it was LM light-blue and white, really pretty too.

I don't know where it went. Perhaps we should ask Vesha (he's the one who made it).

Could we get that set up soon ? :cheer:

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #179640 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic High Rez Badges
It's here Maitre (see a few posts above), also I've downloaded it to my local computer for when it's ready to be set up. ;)

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 months ago #179642 by
Replied by on topic High Rez Badges
Man, it's beautiful. Vesha does an amazing job with the graphics around here. :)

More
9 years 2 months ago #179655 by Breeze el Tierno
Replied by Breeze el Tierno on topic High Rez Badges
Not that we need them, but I found myself imagining these as silicon badges like this:

I know, I know. I'm just having fun.

These are lovely, Vesha. Thanks for your work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, rugadd, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Carlos.Martinez3

More
9 years 2 months ago #179657 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic High Rez Badges

Cabur Senaar wrote: Not that we need them, but I found myself imagining these as silicon badges like this...

Actually, I'd considered crafting them on pin backs, with their resemblance to service ribbons

More
9 years 2 months ago #179664 by Breeze el Tierno
Replied by Breeze el Tierno on topic High Rez Badges
Like cloisonné? Fun!
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #179667 by
My lineage of Buddhism has a military branch!

Could be like this. lol.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

More
8 years 2 months ago #229285 by Yugen
Replied by Yugen on topic High Rez Badges
They look awesome :)

TOTJO Novice

Yugen (幽玄): is said to mean “a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe… and the sad beauty of human suffering”

IP Journal

More
8 years 2 months ago #229297 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic High Rez Badges
Yes! Either, or both, of those options are very good ones. Ones I approve of. One of these days I'll figure out how to make it work right. lol

also, i have literally no idea what to make of this sentence, lol:

Connor L. wrote: My lineage of Buddhism has a military branch!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #229310 by
Steam, lol, the Shambhala Buddhists believe the Warrior Path is the path to spirituality. So, military is a misnomer, though they consider it to be how they're viewed. It's a group of Warriors. Put it that way. I think they want to be sort of a "renaissance" of what soldiers/warriors could be. A military made up of the enlightened? Would be a whole different set of rules. Of course, anymore discussion on that and we go into off topic land. hahah.

-C

Here's more info:
"The Dorje Kasung is a group that was formed by Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to support the transmission of the Shambhala teachings by helping create an appropriate environment for them to be taught in. The Dorje Kasung accomplish this by providing a gentle and uplifted presence at teaching events, providing security services, providing driving and personal assistance to the teachers, and working with any issues of conflict or health that may arise in the community.

The training and model of the Dorje Kasung is based on military forms, such as hierarchy, uniforms, and drills. The purpose of utilizing the military format is not to propagate war, but to take advantage of the discipline and energy of military forms to embody and communicate compassion.[citation needed] The practice of Dorje Kasungship is founded on the mahayana Buddhist principle of compassionate action, and inspired by the vajrayana Buddhist emphasis on working directly with the energy of neurosis and transforming it into wisdom. Thus, through engaging directly with military forms, they aspire to fulfill the vision expressed in their motto, "Victory Over War".[citation needed]" - from the Shambhala Wiki
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi