Dilema

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #16719 by
Dilema was created by
DILEMMA
This test only has one question, but it's a very important one. By giving an honest answer, you will discover where you stand
morally. The test features an unlikely, completely fictional situation in which you will have to make a decision. Remember that your answer
needs to be honest, yet spontaneous.

Please scroll down slowly and give due consideration to each line.

THE SITUATION:

You are in England, York to be specific.

There is chaos all around you caused by a hurricane with severe flooding. This is a flood of biblical proportions.

You are a photo-journalist working for a major newspaper, and you're caught in the middle of this epic disaster. The situation is
nearly hopeless. You're trying to shoot career-making photos. There are houses and people swirling around you, some disappearing into
the water. Nature is unleashing all of its destructive fury.

THE TEST:

Suddenly, you see a man in the water. He is fighting for his life, trying not to be taken down with the debris.
You move closer... Somehow, the man looks familiar... You suddenly realize who it is...
It's Gordon Brown! (UK Prime Minister) You notice that the raging waters are about to take him under forever.

You have two options: You can save the life of Gordon Brown or you can shoot a dramatic Pulitzer Prize winning photo, documenting the death of one of the country's most powerful men!

THE QUESTION:

Here's the question, and please give an honest answer...

Would you select high contrast colour film, or would you go with the classic simplicity of black and white?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #16733 by
Replied by on topic Re:Dilema
Since I do dabble in photography, I would have to go with black and white Not only is it simplistic, it allows more focus on the last moments of Brown's life as the undertow takes him down. :D

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #16735 by
Definately black and white, though the Sepia would probably look pretty good to, that unfortunately wasn't an option. Good question though.

DK

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #16747 by
since we are onley aloued to tack a photh. i think i woued be sick first at seing so maney pepeaill day arouned me and being utrley helplus and stuck in it with theam that the onley oveas ancer for me woued be black and white.

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
15 years 9 months ago #16752 by Neaj Pa Bol
Replied by Neaj Pa Bol on topic Re:Dilema
I read this as a two part answer....

My husband was a Semi-Pro Photographer and taught me a few things that I didn't learn from being on the yearbook staff in High School and a photographer.

First, save the man. A Mans life is more important than the picture and there's always other pictures...

Second, Black and White would be what I would use. In Color, sometimes a pale image doesn't show as well as in Black and White. In Black and White, that pale image more times than any will have an outline and that outline may just be the whole story of the picture....

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #16756 by
Hmm. what is worth more. A life or a picture that lasts for life? Simple choice here, Life.

But black and white is better quality in capturing realistic.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #16774 by
I think your missing the point,,, its supposed to be a Joke, replace Gordon Brown with George Bush if you like.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #16779 by
Well since you put it that way Rich, Black and White photograph.:laugh:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi