×
Temple Renovation (30 May 2020)

The Temple has undergone renovations. Please see here for more details:

www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/114-A...s/123927-renovations

Thomas Paine: The Vote that Voted First & Last

More
21 Mar 2018 11:33 - 21 Mar 2018 11:35 #319282 by Brick

Serenity wrote: I think you are right Adder , it would be more usefull to direct questions about banning to the authorities that actually ban people instead of speculating in yet another thread for speculation purposes only. A weird trend that just will not dissapear here ....


Marta! Long time no see! :) I've missed you
(You really must unblock me one of these days, so we can have a proper catch up)

As I stated, I was talking hypothetically. Perhaps the thread has gone off topic, but the conversation is no longer about the individual that was banned, and therefore nobody is speculating anymore. It's now about what right the Temple has to ban people, and what protocols should be in place (with regards to notifying the wider community) when someone is banned. Which I think is quite an important, worthwhile conversation to have

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
Last edit: 21 Mar 2018 11:35 by Brick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2018 11:49 - 21 Mar 2018 11:51 #319284 by JediEido
Well, to agree with the decision & to suggest "scandal" is not so bold, Brick. You didn't take a jeopardy upon yourself nor make a point.

I really think it seems racist.
I read the guys' forum posts & I am leary (not Timothy), while I think it's important to speak up.
Simply because the guy has a political point that he voiced with the Temple of the Jedi Order (I didn't notice articulated rule that was against a single thing that he said), & your admin & the people that are alright with the ban actually are white Americans, I do not agree that the situation looks cool.

Isn't there something about the difficulty of the Temple of the Jedi Order proving that they offer improvement to the morality of its' members? (I thought I read that somewhere & that was somehow important to the group & members.)

I am the Dark.
I am the Light.
I am the Bendu.
Last edit: 21 Mar 2018 11:51 by JediEido. Reason: Correction of phrase

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2018 11:59 #319285 by JediEido
(Just so I can reply to myself with a little logic.)
Why should Mayans be put to cope with white American racists?
How would White Americans gain of fellowship with white American racists?

The guy made a sociological point.
Mayans were given a State in 1888 of invaders of this continent, & then that State was invaded & Mayans were murdered & because it's 2018, "get over it" or "this is America" is some sort of a reason?

That's outrageous.

I am the Dark.
I am the Light.
I am the Bendu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2018 12:04 #319286 by JediEido
"Trolling".
You're trolling "Jediism".
You're trolling peoples' rights & freedoms.
You're trolling the airwaves & various other things with that "ignorant (k)nonsensical rambling" he mentioned.

The first person to call the other person a "troll" is the troll that doesn't have a point.
You reply to a topic to call the OP a troll? Seriously?

I am the Dark.
I am the Light.
I am the Bendu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2018 12:08 - 21 Mar 2018 12:13 #319287 by Brick
Hi JediEido :) , there appears to be a bit of confusion here. Hopefully can we get to the bottom of this

JediEido wrote: Well, to agree with the decision & to suggest "scandal" is not so bold, Brick. You didn't take a jeopardy upon yourself nor make a point.

For clarity, I never said that I agreed with the decision, infact I've stated twice that none of us know why the decision was made, so I can't really agree or disagree with something I have no knowledge of ;)

What I did say was that the decision could have been made based on whoever imposed the ban deeming ScottHughes to be a troll, I then said that I wasn't sure if he was a troll because some of his posts did actually contribute something relevant.

I then discussed whether banning a hypothetical individual on the grounds of them breaking the rules would be justifiable. Under the spirit of our doctrine and my (admittedly limited) understanding of contract law

I also never 'suggested scandal', I stated (based on my previous experience at the temple) that most bannings occur due to a public scandal, specifically stating in bold that that comment did not relate to the ScottHughes banning.

JediEido wrote: I really think it seems racist.
I read the guys' forum posts & I am leary (not Timothy), while I think it's important to speak up.

I might be missing something, but I don't understand your 'I am leary (not Timothy)' comment.


JediEido wrote: Simply because the guy has a political point that he voiced with the Temple of the Jedi Order (I didn't notice against a single thing that he said), & your admin & the people that are alright with the ban actually are white Americans, I do not agree that the situation looks cool.

Given that most people's avatars are cartoons/symbols etc I'm not sure how you know that all the people that are ok with the ban are white, or even American for that matter? If you could explain that, I'd appreciate it.

JediEido wrote: Isn't there something about the difficulty of the Temple of the Jedi Order proving that they offer improvement to the morality of its' members? (I thought I read that somewhere & that was somehow important to the group & members.)

I'm not sure what you mean by this statement, can you clarify?

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
Last edit: 21 Mar 2018 12:13 by Brick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2018 12:10 - 21 Mar 2018 12:17 #319288 by Brick

JediEido wrote: "Trolling".
You're trolling "Jediism".
You're trolling peoples' rights & freedoms.
You're trolling the airwaves & various other things with that "ignorant (k)nonsensical rambling" he mentioned.

The first person to call the other person a "troll" is the troll that doesn't have a point.
You reply to a topic to call the OP a troll? Seriously?


Again, I never called him a Troll. I said I thought he might be, but also said I wasn't sure as he was saying stuff of value

I did say that some of his posts appeared nonsensical to me, but I never called them 'ignorant' or said he was 'rambling'. Please don't misquote me

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
Last edit: 21 Mar 2018 12:17 by Brick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2018 12:12 #319289 by User22414
:laugh: i never blocked you , i just went on a fb holiday ...lol

Marta! Long time no see! :) I've missed you
(You really must unblock me one of these days, so we can have a proper catch up)


Signature
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2018 12:14 #319290 by JediEido
The guy (ScottHughes) posted mention of a sociological point.
He did not single people out. He did not rage. (I can't believe that I would walk away of reading that & not realize a good thing.)
He was reasonable. He offered a suggestion for a solution. He calmed his point down.

You banned him? Mayans actually have suffered outrageous loss because a bunch of white Americans were RETARDED!!

White Americans used the trick of a European magician. They crafted guns & murdered Mayans & the animals of this continent. It's not sophisticated. It's not intelligent. It's not CIVILIZED. It's RETARDED.

You banned him? I read the posts!!

I am the Dark.
I am the Light.
I am the Bendu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2018 12:21 - 21 Mar 2018 12:21 #319291 by Brick

JediEido wrote: The guy (ScottHughes) posted mention of a sociological point.
He did not single people out. He did not rage. (I can't believe that I would walk away of reading that & not realize a good thing.)
He was reasonable. He offered a suggestion for a solution. He calmed his point down.

You banned him? Mayans actually have suffered outrageous loss because a bunch of white Americans were RETARDED!!

White Americans used the trick of a European magician. They crafted guns & murdered Mayans & the animals of this continent. It's not sophisticated. It's not intelligent. It's not CIVILIZED. It's RETARDED.

You banned him? I read the posts!!


You've completely lost me now. I've never accused him of doing any of those things? To my knowledge, nobody has accused him of any of this.

I don't know anything about Mayans, or their relationship with white Americans so I can't comment on that. Though I'm not sure you need to brand ALL white Americans as retarded?

When did I say it was sophisticated, intelligent or civilised?

I feel like I'm only party to half the conversation or something

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
Last edit: 21 Mar 2018 12:21 by Brick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2018 12:37 #319292 by User22414
I think i just entered the twilight zone again :laugh:

Signature
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick, Kyrin Wyldstar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Kobos