Kicked out of public chat.

More
6 years 8 months ago #294648 by JamesSand
I love you like I love all internet loonies, but I just tried Shift-F7 on Scrutiny, and "nit picking" didn't come up.

Any git can criticise, it is an easy role to play.

Become a Knight here Snowy, be all that I know you can be and set the standard and the direction for TotJO's members :)

I'd follow you anywhere my queen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #294652 by
Replied by on topic Kicked out of public chat.

Dano Ori wrote:

Snowy Aftermath wrote: Leadership is a heavy burden, love.

Indeed it is. However, Leadership is about principles, not just popularity. Leaders, in this case Knights, should not be required to amend their ways because of differing opinions (especially if those opinions come from those who do not shoulder the same heavy burden): so long as they adhere to their principles.

I applaud that TotJO allows and even encourages each of us, regardless of rank, to voice our opinions and concerns, though, like James, I find the current climate of calling out "The Knights" as being inadequate over every minor difference of opinion to be rather tired and unnecessary.

So that's one vote in favor of knights representing the order by being rude to new people after they apologize. I'll write down that that's one of the principles. Thanks!

More
6 years 8 months ago #294654 by JamesSand

So that's one vote in favor of knights representing the order by being rude to new people after they apologize. I'll write down that that's one of the principles. Thanks!

No it's not Snowy - It's one vote (or possibly two votes) in giving Knights a bit of lee way in carrying out their knightness as they see fit without whinging and naysaying at every possible moment.

And indeed, those "votes" are by forum members who are only executing their freedom of expression in the same way you are,

but you know this already, and you're just baiting :P

I'm less worried about how Brenna can be a better TotJO Knight than I am about how you can be a better Sith (or indeed, how I can be a better...well nevermind what I am)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #294655 by
I'ma just chime in here, having witnessed the event as this thread is quickly becoming about attacking leadership rather than realising we had a huge issue with the person "apologising".

If they were really sorry, they would not have done it, or say "oh, I deserved it" "I do not deny that". This person did some horrid things in chat last night that warranted their banning.

The "Bye, Felicia" post was a joke, that is all. It wasn't crass (as some may have done) it was a simple joke. Time we stop over-analysing everything the leadership does.

I for one do not believe this troll to be a "new" member, despite how new this person's profile may be. The joy of a website like this is that it takes a few mins to make a new profile and troll the entire place. We must remember that.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #294656 by

JamesSand wrote: Become a Knight here Snowy, be all that I know you can be and set the standard and the direction for TotJO's members :)

Anywhere, eh? Then I'll do you one better. Come on over to my playground and I'll kick my soccerball at your goal all day long.

That goes for anyone else, too.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by .

More
6 years 8 months ago #294657 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic Kicked out of public chat.

Snowy Aftermath wrote: Come on over to my playground and I'll kick my soccerball at your goal all day long.

James, Snowy, get a room...

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, Zenchi, Breeze el Tierno, JamesSand, ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #294659 by
I was there in chat.
Pretty sure it wasn't a new person.
1000% deserved the ban.
A simple one line apology is not nearly enough to make up for what was said.
#byefelicia

Also, it frightens me that "Malgorath" said they wouldn't be back "on this account." Cause, making more accounts is super easy.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #294663 by
I was there and I saw what happened as well. If he where to come back, under any name, please contact JL Spinner or Senan, or any knight available to solve it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #294681 by

Snowy Aftermath wrote:

JamesSand wrote: Become a Knight here Snowy, be all that I know you can be and set the standard and the direction for TotJO's members :)

Anywhere, eh? Then I'll do you one better. Come on over to my playground and I'll kick my soccerball at your goal all day long.

That goes for anyone else, too.

Ah... Same old Snowy, I see. Well, as a Knight, I have no problem giving back as much as I get from people who are only here to criticize. I'd play soccer with you, except I already know that when the game doesn't go your way you'll just take your ball and go home. You've already proven that you can't stand up to scrutiny and you dropped the "burden" of leadership like a hot rock.
Have your fun, but know that the rest of us are already bored with this routine. :)

More
6 years 8 months ago #294724 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Kicked out of public chat.
Bored, Snow?

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi