The Unofficial ADHD Test For Adults

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #257865 by Edan
It is not what I did. Your original comment downplayed how difficult it can be to live with a mental illness, it's hard enough dealing with it, without others (who apparently perhaps should know better) trivialising the impact they can have. If you can't 'get through the day' then you're probably contemplating suicide, by which point it has stopped being a problem and started becoming life threatening. No mental illness that causes someone to struggle each day is not 'not really a problem'.

JamesSand wrote: Maybe not intentionally or with hostility, but it's a fairly normal reaction

Someone in X group would not make Y statement.

Ergo, someone who makes Y Statement is not part of X group.

Once that has been established, it's easy to disregard any further statements.

Essentially "What would they know?"

(In case tone is difficult, I'm saying all this quite light heartedly, I enjoy much of your contributions that I've read Edan, and have no interest in a battle of semantics with you :) )

I'm wondering if this subject deserves a topic. I wonder how Jediism interacts with various mental illnesses.

I would suspect that there is a higher than the "general population" number of mental illnesses in Jedi folk, as some may find it more attractive than some of the alternative religions.

Perhaps there are already some topics on it. Search will be my friend.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Edan.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #257871 by JamesSand
I am sorry you received it that way,

My intent was not to "downplay the difficulty" of anything, but rather suggest - life is difficult, and to expect otherwise is foolish.

If you are getting through the days, and not dead through suicide or personal negligence, then, while not ideal, it's not a problem - it's life.

(and if you do complete suicide, arguably you no longer have any problems - but I understand there are strong feelings on that subject)

I suppose my intent, overall, was in complement to the vibe of the video - Disorders are interesting, and can offer all sorts of challenges to those who suffer from them, and it can be helpful to know your own behaviours and feelings - but they're more of a margin note or something in the appendix of your personal narrative - not the main story arc.

More
7 years 7 months ago #257884 by Manu
It would be cool to start a new topic on the "Ds". I know so little about it, and you guys seem to have a lot to contribute about it, outside of a humor thread.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #257928 by
Yep. I got 200 something. Lost track because I started playing minesweeper.

More
7 years 7 months ago #257934 by Adder
lLol, but got bored at 2:51 and bailed :dry:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #271765 by
I totally couldn't be bothered getting a pen and paper. Then I started ball-parking my score to within about 3 points of accurate because I wasn't sure if I'd already added the point I just earned or not. Then I just started rounding to the nearest 10 at about the 90s mark. Then I went and made a sandwich. Then I was going to rewind the video because I forgot to pause it but I thought it was too much effort.

But in my personal assessment I'm fine. I have really good self-evaluation. ;)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #274174 by
689(ish). :| I didn't think I was that bad....

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 month ago #278582 by
676 >_> I might need to be tested...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago #287013 by
200+ points. Maybe a wee bit ADHD-ish?