Almost April (Fools Day)

More
7 years 11 months ago #236230 by Codama
Not sure why, but April 1st is def one of my favorite days of the year. Probably
because of the expectation of practical jokes and the social pardon that comes
along with the hopefully hilarious prank. I’m sure we’ve all participated in an April
Fool’s day prank. Either you were the mastermind who schemed up the devilry, or
you were the gullible victim who fell prey to the well planned prank. Regardless
of which end of the pole you filled, I hope after the prank was executed it was followed
by a hearty laugh and the phrase, “Aww man you done got me good,” and
not the phrase “You, done did it now.” Nothing can ruin a prank faster than a broken
nose or body rolled in a carpet. Now granted, a bruised ego is pretty funny, but
as long as it’s not ours. Let’s face it, sometimes those practical jokes aren’t so funny,
especially when only one person is laughing. The truth is that everyone isn’t tactful
or tasteful when it comes to the execution of a good April Fool’s day prank. So, me
being the generous guy that I am, I will give you tips on how to recognize a prank.
If you are not expecting a phone call, don’t answer the phone. It could be the ghost
of a girl that was trapped in a soda machine and left for her doom, promising that
if you do not purchase a grape soda within 3 hours you will meet a doom similar
to hers. If you are not popular but mysteriously voted prom queen or king, don’t
believe the hype. More than likely, you’ll probably end up with a bucket of blood
poured on your head. If you are driving a truck and a woman appears out in the
middle of the road wearing a night gown and doesn’t look startled—run her over
and do not stop until you arrive at a church and someone rebukes
that ghost lady. If it wasn’t a ghost lady, move to Mexico!
The point I’m trying to make…don’t believe the unexpected on April 1. And because
we do not believe the unexpected on April 1, it is not a good day to reveal any
unexpected important news to someone. Please wait until the 3rd. So before we
part, I just wanna lay down some benchmarks to pranks that you
just need to avoid.
1. Avoid walking into a bank with a full ski mask on.
2. Avoid any prank involving a fleet of steps.
3. Avoid any prank which implies an 18 year commitment (Ladies) to a significant
other.
4. Do not perform any pranks that involve the elderly and the word “Boo.”
OK. So I hope you see the point. Pull no prank that will spread fear, panic or get
you shot by police. Be mindful that April Fools is only one day and consequences
can sometimes last much longer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Breeze el Tierno, , OB1Shinobi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #236292 by
Replied by on topic Almost April (Fools Day)
I fully understand. I also love April Fools Day but my rule is that if my prank can't be resolved and moved on from in less than five minutes I don't do it. I favor small, non-destructive pranks. I put tape over mice lasers, rig office chairs to sink when sat on, leave a cup with sticky note saying "large spider underneath. Lift at own risk" over turned, just little stuff.

Be funny, be safe, be smart. B)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #236323 by
I have to get blood work done tomorrow. Please no funny phlebotomists please. That might be the worst profession for wayward comedians.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #236335 by
I always enjoy switching the contents of the sugar and salt containers.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
7 years 11 months ago #236359 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Almost April (Fools Day)
You would think that a guy who calls himself "Jestor" would love practical jokes... :laugh:

And, I dont, lol... :blink:

I dont like them done to me, and have a tendency to over-react when they are done, to drive the point home that I do not play games...

This is just one of my little 'things' in life that I tend to stick hard to... lol...

"Pranks" can get someone hurt... Can cause a fight, can lead to all sorts of issues...

Catch someone having a bad day, then all bets are off...

If both the 'pranker' and 'prankee' agree to the 'games', well, who am I to say other wise...

As I have not previously agreed to play along, I make sure my point gets made, ;)...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Codama

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #236362 by

Jestor wrote: If both the 'pranker' and 'prankee' agree to the 'games', well, who am I to say other wise...

This is another good point. Know your audience. For example, I pull no pranks directly on my boss. She has a sense of humor but not a pranky one. Same for my mother. Or my fiance. Or one of my old roommates. Learned that lesson really fast.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi