• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 3 months ago #92973 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: GMOs
Now I'm hungry...time for some long pig :evil: ...institute some population control...

Gmo's....it's all about making money...cash talks, bs walks...

the problem is too many people not enough food, and humanity has removed natural selection as a solution...hundreds of years ago crop failure or pest overpopulation meant people starved (often to death)...natural selection at work...then came medicines that enabled people that would have likely died from illness/ailments to live...increasing the population(simultaneously weakening the human gene pool)...the food supply was unable to keep up....something had to be done to feed the masses that were defying the law of natural selection...so we turned to gmo's....

As the expression goes: you reap what you sow

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #92976 by Whyte Horse
Replied by Whyte Horse on topic Re: GMOs

Wendaline wrote:

Whyte Horse wrote: One word: Bees
I'm a beekeeper and pesticides kill bees. GMO crops have been modified to produce pesticides, and hence kill bees. No bees, no pollination... and most food and flowers go bye bye. Our regulators are insane allowing GMO crops to take over 90% of the crops.

Well when our governments are owned by these companies...:unsure: That, and they've never been known to be thinkers.

Oh, I have a question about bees. Every year we host some bees on our land. They get to live their lives without any human interference, but what happens in the winter? Do you guys just bring them into a garage to hibernate?

Right before winter, the ladies(workers) kick out all the male(drone) bees to reduce their population and conserve resources. As beekeepers, we winterize the hive. I add a wool blanket over the top-bars, seal the cracks, and reduce the entrance to 2 bees wide. We also provide food to them all winter. So far my bees haven't taken any food and have survived all winter on their honey but commercial beekeepers take the honey away. The queen stops laying eggs for winter and the population slowly decreases as bees die. Their population reaches a minima right when spring arrives and there are new flowers and warm weather so the queen starts laying and their population steadily increases until they overcrowd the hive and swarm.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

More
11 years 3 months ago #92979 by Whyte Horse
Replied by Whyte Horse on topic Re: GMOs

RyuJin wrote: Now I'm hungry...time for some long pig :evil: ...institute some population control...

Gmo's....it's all about making money...cash talks, bs walks...

the problem is too many people not enough food, and humanity has removed natural selection as a solution...hundreds of years ago crop failure or pest overpopulation meant people starved (often to death)...natural selection at work...then came medicines that enabled people that would have likely died from illness/ailments to live...increasing the population(simultaneously weakening the human gene pool)...the food supply was unable to keep up....something had to be done to feed the masses that were defying the law of natural selection...so we turned to gmo's....

As the expression goes: you reap what you sow

Actually organic farming is just as productive as GMO and other big-ag techniques. It's just not as profitable. We have more than enough food to feed everyone on the planet, it's not profitable though.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 months ago #93147 by
Replied by on topic Re: GMOs

Whyte Horse wrote: Right before winter, the ladies(workers) kick out all the male(drone) bees to reduce their population and conserve resources. As beekeepers, we winterize the hive. I add a wool blanket over the top-bars, seal the cracks, and reduce the entrance to 2 bees wide. We also provide food to them all winter. So far my bees haven't taken any food and have survived all winter on their honey but commercial beekeepers take the honey away. The queen stops laying eggs for winter and the population slowly decreases as bees die. Their population reaches a minima right when spring arrives and there are new flowers and warm weather so the queen starts laying and their population steadily increases until they overcrowd the hive and swarm.

Thank you :) I have another question (I just love bees) how much honey are you able to take without disturbing their food supply too much?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi