Big life choices

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #89641 by
Replied by on topic Re: Big life choices
I was interested in what was best for other people, giving up what was important to them to have money, or hanging on to what was important and living in crushing poverty.

I can't answer the question for me, I've been trying for several years and I've reached my wits end. I mean I don't want to live out of a van, like a hippy if I can help it. I also don't want to become a corporate drone working 80 hour weeks just to get a good paycheck.

It's come to a head now, at this moment in my life, and I have to act for one path or the other.

Getting others opinions and their reasoning I hope(d) would be useful to me.

It's annoying though to have others invent options that don't exist or aren't possible and offer them as solutions for a best of both worlds outcome.

It would be like me going into a thread where someone was asking if they should leave an abusive spouse that beats them and saying, don't worry you can just coat your face with flubber next time so it won't even affect you, this way you can still love your abusive spouse and not worry about physical injury.

You are right I should have listened to my gut, and not posted this, If I can't answer it I couldn't reasonably expect you guys to.

Alluvius wrote:
I have 2 things to say here and then I think I'm going to bow out of this thread, too. (go the way of Rickie and Des)

1) Maynoth, you really need to learn the difference between disagreeing with you, or simply voicing an opinion that is just as valid as yours, but maybe not the same as yours...and trolling you.

2) If your purpose on this thread is simply to answer that question, then why bother with the thread? It's not like any of us can answer a question about what's best for you, for you...

Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
11 years 4 months ago #89643 by Neaj Pa Bol
Replied by Neaj Pa Bol on topic Re: Big life choices
No one person can answer what is best for other people. I am not you and you are not me. Granted there are people in this world that will think of what is good for others and doesn't always end the way they thought. The hardest thing in life is to know the answer to what we do on our path. Every decision we take is another branch on the path. "Do I go left?", Do I go right?".

Then you have the middle line, that some may call the settlement line... Settling for somewhere inbetween.

Having Dreams or goals are important in life, but, this is only my view, In life I had to make changes. Marriage, a Daughter, working in Las Vegas/Reno, Nevada, going to Nursing school, being a Nurse, retiring to care for my husband, husband passes, back to simple job and back to school for BS in Criminal Justice/ Forensic CSI.

Some get that lucky shot but if value is based on $$$ then only you can answer that for what and how far you want to go and what you want to do to get there....

MTFBWYAAF

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locksley

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi