Some mental relief needed.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 months ago #93011 by
Replied by on topic Re: Some mental relief needed.
It is a good idea, I will keep it in mind.:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 months ago #93073 by
Seriously laughter is the best medicine. When I'm stressed big time I watch funny movies. Try it and let me know how/if it works for you. Peace

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 months ago #93207 by
The best advice I can offer you, Armadyl, is simply to breath. Unattach from all the crap shoveled your way by your (obviously hypocritical) boss, let it go. You cannot change her behavior, all you can do is change how you react to it. If you don't attach negative feelings to her yelling in your face, you won't have them. I suggest that when she starts yelling at you, you tune her out, focus on your breathing and go into sort of a "standing meditation". Deep, slow...calm, cleansing breaths. Don't let her "harsh your buzz". I have anger management issues, if I can do this (and I can and have), so can you. I'm nothing special. :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #93223 by
One big selling point to keeping your cool and letting the "water slide off the duck's back" is: others may have files complaints about this person and may be speaking up. If you are shown as being the "level-headed one," if this person gets the boot (American translation, not British: stuffed into the rear of a vehicle and "taken for a ride"), a promotion might be in your future. At the minimum, you'll gain the respect of your peers AND cohorts.

Either way, it bodes well for you to be the "voice of reason" by being the LAST person under whose skin she gets under. (That may actually pxss her off, to your satisfaction : ) Sometimes, those personal victories are the most meaningful! I've gotten a few promotions this way.

Then again, maybe the car ride might be bett.... Nah, never mind.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 months ago #93226 by

jimcode3 wrote: Either way, it bodes well for you to be the "voice of reason" by being the LAST person under whose skin she gets under. (That may actually pxss her off, to your satisfaction : ) Sometimes, those personal victories are the most meaningful!

Yes there is satisfaction in not giving her her whar she wants. Especially when the person knows she is wrong and she know she's being manipulative. It's reflecting their own energy back to them. The more they give the more they get back. You have to be subtle.

More
11 years 3 months ago #93227 by Wescli Wardest
This may be a tad off topic… but I have noticed when people are in the “wrong,” a lot of times they just don’t realize it. What I mean is, not everyone that does bad things believes they are doing bad things.

If we can realize this and learn to accept people for what and who they are, then “tolerating” things that bother us becomes less troublesome. If you know that a person views their actions a certain way; then you know what to expect from them. I found it to be so much less disheartening once I realize that not everyone is going to live to the same standards I put myself to.

Monastic Order of Knights

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #93248 by RyuJin

Wescli Wardest wrote: This may be a tad off topic… but I have noticed when people are in the “wrong,” a lot of times they just don’t realize it. What I mean is, not everyone that does bad things believes they are doing bad things.

that's why i believe right and wrong is a matter of perspective...even vader thought he was doing what was right...until the end...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by RyuJin.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 months ago #93289 by
Some people are just jerks. Weither they can help it or not or know it or not they are jerks.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi