stopped heart

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #49563 by
stopped heart was created by
Hello brothers and sisters, I am in need of dire thoughts/prayers/positive energy. I am home early from work tonight because of an incident. It was VERY busy and I was running all over the front end of the store (I am the front end supervisor responsible for running customer service, the registers (overriding transactions, giving change, training new people) as well as running the money center (located on the other end of the store)).

I had someone nagging at me because of the lines (not my fault as I had all lanes open) while I was rushing to the other end of the store to help another customer. The last thing I remembered, a sudden rush of dizziness came to my head, my body went numb and that was it. Next thing I knew, I was waking up, sprawled out on the floor with an RN standing over me (there's a hospital just down the road from out store and we have nurses in and out at all hours).

According to her, my heart had stopped. Sudden cardiac arrest. Paramedics came in just as I was sitting up. I was a little sore from hitting the wall before I went down, and a little dizzy, but other than that I felt fine. When I gave them my symptoms before passing out, they said it sounded like my blood sugar levels had spiked and then suddenly dropped (something that has happened twice in my life). But they were unsure as to why my heart had stopped, even if it was for just a few seconds.

I do have both a heart murmur as well as a VSD. The most they could figure is that between the stress and constant running back and forth and my blood sugar issues, my heart was working too hard and just shut down. I was able to get back up and walk around like nothing happened, so I just called my parents to pick me up and take me home. I'll be going to my doctor tomorrow to get checked out.

I'm feeling fine now, but in a bit of shock. My parents are keeping an eye on me just in case, though. So I need all the positive energy y'all can send me. I'm hoping this was indeed just a freak set of unfortunate events happening at once and not something more serious. It looks like i've chosen the right time to become a Jedi. The meditation and healthier lifestyle should prevent this from happening again, as my currently lifestyle is FAR from healthy.
At least I'll have plenty of time at the doctors office to work finish the first lesson in exercise 4 :P

Good night, all. MTFBWY!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #49565 by
Replied by on topic Re: stopped heart
My thoughts will be with you and we will focus on a positive outcome with your doctor together.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #49566 by
Hadi,

I too have had similar events happen to me. Be encouraged and know you will be fine. Make sure you follow up on this one just in case. It sounds like you were busy running ahead of yourself, remember, nothing is as important as your health. Take your time and let the Force move you to the next customer and task. Let the Force assist you in controlling the pace of the costomers and tasks. Ohh yeah, drink a crap load of water always.

I am thinking about your situation and calling for positive energy to be sent to you. You will feel invigorated and filled with enegy once you are recharged, rest in the Force. Meditate on this.

Plokoon

May the Force be with You

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #49572 by
My thoughts are with you Hadi Apollos and some positive energy is heading your way. Good luck at the doctors and remember; the Force is with you always.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #49573 by
Please take care of yourself, Hadi. I have had similar issues when not listening to my body enough and it is no fun at all... As it was said your health is a very precious thing, especially with a fragile heart. Take time to have a good rest and don't let stress get the best of you. I'll be meditating and praying for your recovery tonight. Positive energy on its way :)

May the Force be with you.

More
12 years 3 months ago #49574 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic Re: stopped heart
You have my support in the Force.

Now we learn a new level of mindfulness for that which must be listened to wisely, my friend.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #49610 by
Replied by on topic stopped heart
My thoughts are with you now. I hope you continue to get better and stronger. May the Force be with you!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #49617 by
My thoughts and prayers are with you. May the Force comfort you, replenish you, and find you safe.

Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.
- Buddha

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #49622 by
I hope you'll be alright. TOTJO has been the first step in my inspiration to get healthier! I hope the same for you!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #49637 by
Hey guys, thank you for all the positive energy. Everything checks out fine. My blood pressure and blood sugar are normal, but are borderline normal/high. Doc recommended changing my eating habits, getting exercise, making friends, and meditating. He's real big into meditation and natural medicine. I do have to go to a cardiologist just to make sure there was no damage done to my heart.

So other than a need for a lifestyle change, everything is ok. Looks like y'all are stuck with me now :P

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi