Physical Practice Blog #4 Focus

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago #45258 by
So, as much as I would love to get started on some actual Jedi meditation, I feel I would be doing people a disservice if I didn't cover the basics. This blog is about focus meditation. I feel it important to review this because the next blog requires a bit more focused intent.
Focus meditation is very simple. Find a comfortable, clean space with good air circulation. Sit in a comfortable position. Practice your calming breathe for however long you need to. Then direct your attention to anything you wish to focus on. I like the idea of a candle. Light and fire have much archetypal symbolism in our minds. Like the living force we try to cultivate in ourselves, it is a spark that ignites the fire which flows from a fuel source. Many parallels can be drawn between, life, the force, and fire. You can use a metronome, your own breathe, or a drum beat (if you'd like to take a more shamanistic approach). I feel it important to define the duration of your focus before hand. Don't be discouraged if your mind wanders. Just be glad you caught it and resume your contemplation.

Feel free to discuss your ideas on basic focus meditation on this feed. Everyone can benefit from difference of opinion. May the force be with you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi