Sorrow

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4433 by
Replied by on topic Re:Sorrow
LOL, i am a freakin mirror for my soul. I am always self reflecting, sometimes my fiancee thinks i am just day dreaming but i am actually thinking about how i feel, why i feel, and everything else. I don't know why i started to self reflect but i have for most of my life, anyways. Humor is important and i am glad Perris started the post trying to boost everyones mood. She's so great, i bet she is reading this too, lol. Your great Perris, lol.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 9 months ago #40690 by
Replied by on topic Re:Sorrow
I find that i'm able to control most of my emotions when they are only at a average level, but once they are at a moderate level i'm controlled by them which is sometimes for the better and other times for the worse, I was wondering if that was ok or not? and if i'm able to shut down some before they even manifest?

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 9 months ago #40699 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Sorrow
Well, what works for you, may not work for others...

The real question is,

How do you feel about that, is it ok?

The mind is a powerful computer... You only need program it to do what you want, for it to be so...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

More
12 years 9 months ago #40711 by Eleven
Replied by Eleven on topic Re: Sorrow
I try to control my emotions by following the context of our code, "There is no emotion...there is peace..." if I begin to get upset or begin to use my emotions I remember it. It might not neccarily work for everyone in the same way, but I encourage you the control your thoughts and don't let them linger for they can bring all sorts of havoc on you. I know that I keep busy so I don't think so much because when I have nothing to do I think about things. Sometimes, I think of certain events and I get really fixiated on it. "Maybe if I had..." or, "If I had done that a certain way maybe this would have been different..." and so on. I always think of Obi Wan about him saying, "Be mindful of your thoughts, for they can betray you."

I am not trying to bring a - energy into this conversation or anything like that, but I wanted to share what I was thinking about when reflecting on the ideas of the mind.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 9 months ago #40796 by
Replied by on topic Re: Sorrow
It seems i'm a little conflicted by the information i've been given.
I've been told not to think but feel.
And then told there's no emotion only peace.
And to be mindful of my emotions
They seem to conflict each other a bit, i think this is where a master would be helpful to me or maybe a bit of guidance.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
12 years 9 months ago #40798 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: Sorrow
don't think, feel...

don't think about the path you are taking, instead feel the pull of the force leading you down that path....

there is no emotion, only peace...

when you act with reason instead of emotion you will maintain peace. acting out of emotion can cause suffering not only for others but yourself as well.

be mindful of your emotions...

know what your emotions are, if you're angry know you're angry, if you're happy know you're happy...by knowing (or being mindful of) your emotions you can control them enough not to act out of emotion but out of reason...

it takes considerable time to fully understand these concepts. this is one of the reasons we recommend doing the initiates lessons...sometimes you learn more about a previous lesson by doing a follow-up lesson...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi