exercise-simple,\"yea right\"

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 7 months ago #33309 by
ok so this forum hasnt see a new post in awhile lo and behold and im sure if i did a bit of leg work and went through the actually 3+pages of threads i could find nice videos for all these exercises. Rather though i would like to post some with a few tips and tricks hehe (worked as personal trainer for 24hourfitness about 2years). so ill be posting videos in this thread along with any anyone else who would like to post. understanding that alot of ppl dont have dumbells dont have elastic cables and have no general knowledge of exercise not a statement. these videos will be easy to follow with an alternative low impact exercise and high impact exercise i will describe under the video maybe find a video on the hi and low impact itself.
Now to start this thread off lets go with an oldy but goodie used the world over and discuss its variations
\"The Push Up\"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbDcMfu-i4w&feature=player_profilepage : Here we have a basic push up i like these videos cuss they give a great idea as to what form you should be holding at its peak, With that said remeber to keep your head up but not pulling it back so as to tense your neck. Face a wall when you do these: Now while in the common up position lift your head and look strait at the wall as you lower yourself keeping your head up and eyes forward. Flex your abs so as to almost make your belly button touch your spine,this will help with posture so as to not round your back while also initiating your core. as explained legs slightly apart also do not lock your knees they should have maybe a 15degree bend in them.so as not to constric the blood flow. I know this sounds hard and some may say if your knees are slightly bent they touch before my chest does and then i refer them to point 2 your not holding your core and compromiseing your back with sufficent practice this is easly fixed. Another reminder is breathing take it easy oxygene is all around you all you have to do is take it in to start while in the up position before you start let it all out now on teh way down take in a nice easy breath through the nose and exhale on the way up,mouth or nose i find it easyer to start with teaching people through the mouth it also helps take the focuse off the exertion of the muscle.
beging as far as rep counts go try doing 10 of these with proper form no rest 10 to easy do 20 for those of peak i would say do 3 sets of 20 with a 15sec break inbetween each set and a fast rythm of proper breathing and form rember form builds muscle sloppy form builds dmg on muscle.
Now i could go on for days and days on the variations of this one exercise but lets see if we cant get some others to post some of there fav fariations with video plz and brief description of how you use and if with any other exersices i dont mean video of you doing but a video of the variation :)

(disclamer before starting an excersice regiment it is best to first consolte with a licensed physician or doctor i post these with the intente to help and as a guide if at any time during said excersise you feel an abnormal pain immediatly stop and consolte a doctor)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 7 months ago #33311 by
I take it you like exercise. I more of a Zumba fan myself.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 7 months ago #33315 by
zumba isnt that the intense heat yoga?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 7 months ago #33318 by
I think that's Bikram Yoga... :)

MTFBWY

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
13 years 7 months ago #33323 by RyuJin
the push up....a military favorite....and a football (american style) favorite....at my best i was doing 120+ in 2 mins back when i was in the navy(i was training to become a BUD/S candidate). one of my favorite variations was to do a handstand push up. it's exactly as it sounds :laugh: do a handstand then do a push up. if your balance isn't there yet(to do a handstand) then use a wall to help balance. the nice thing about this variation is it not only engages your arms and shoulders but your whole core as well, as you have to constantly adjust your center of gravity to maintain balance. i used to do 3-4 sets of 20, but 1-2 sets will be felt...

then there's another variation i called the teeter-totter. you get in the plank(push-up) position, place your elbows at your sides and balance on your hands, raising your feet off the ground. then gradually shift your weight forward until your face is near(but not touching) the ground, then attempt a push-up into the handstand position. this one is really hard ;)

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 7 months ago #33372 by
alright so its been a couple days now hopefully youve got your pushs up down and in form working on increaseing reps never more then you can handle without loseing that form. So today ive found another video with easy to follow instructions. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7lSV794GxI.
So now we have an upper body and a lower body exercise. both possible at home and with good form both work out almost the whole body :).Remember the back and watch your knees both cannot be stressed enough also a good point if you cant go all the way down dont force it with time it will come. low as you feel you can do without compromising your form is all thats needed.

A good start on these would be 8-12 in a set doing 3-5sets with 15secs in between each set. Always feel free to play with the numbers there more guides then anything else. We can also start to make a routine with these two swapping between exercises in sets. i dont mean without stopping though possible for varying reasons. i would say (\"do a nice set of 8-10 push ups then stop for 10-30secs then do a set of 8-12 squats\" set 1).You can do as many sets as you like, a nice start is 3 sets.There we go now we have two exercises and a nice start to building a good routine :) till my next post plz feel free to throw up videos of variations you like to do yourself :)

(Disclaimer),before starting an exercise routine please consult with your licensed doctor or physician)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi