Shaolin knowledge repository

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 3 months ago #27918 by
I figured I would throw this out here for those that would be interested. This book has been a huge help to me both in physical health as well as mental/spiritual stability through some rough times in my life.

Reading through the past posts I have seen various posts of people asking about Shaolin Gung fu. For me the most informative book I have found is the “Shaolin Grandmasters’ Text” written by “Order of Shaolin Ch’an”

The book its self has been written by the Shaolin monks that left China to escape the persecution and killing of monks by the Government there. The book gives detailed explanations on the History, Philosophy and the physical forms of Gung fu.

In the book they have overviews of the styles; Crane (black and white), Tiger, Snake, Northern Praying Mantis, Dragon, White Eyebrow, Wing Chun and Southern Praying Mantis. All of which have detailed explanations of the stances, kicks and punches including photos to aid in the learning of some one teaching there self.

Also the book goes over meditation, detachment and Ch’I focusing exercises.

All in all its been a great book that I keep as a reference manual ad would recommend to anyone willing to listen.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
14 years 3 months ago #27928 by RyuJin
is there an ebook or pdf format of it?

it's always good to have more texts and i've been building a digital library as of late with the great jedi holocron, the jedi jewel series, and about 30 others

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 3 months ago #27936 by
Replied by on topic Re:Shaolin knowledge repository
Unfortunately not that I am aware of. I actually found my copy at barns and nobles. Or rather its found me when I was looking for a book on aikido.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi