kickboxing

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 2 months ago #22513 by
kickboxing was created by
i do kickboxing. i am currently a brown belt 1st tag. im about 1 and a half years away from being a black belt. and have been training for about 3 years. in fact i am writing this just after i have got back from being an examiner for a grading assessment. it is a really good martial art to help me with my jediism. as it improves disaplin and eticate. it also improves phyisical and mental strenth

if any of you get the chance to give it ago. i strongly recomend it.

MTFBWU

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #22514 by Angelus
Replied by Angelus on topic Re:kickboxing
Thank you for your suggestion. I am delving into several things myself: sword fighting, T'ai Chi, and gymnastics. Which I suggest

Jedi Knight
Former Masters: Mark Anjuu, Zanthan Storm, Br. John, Grom Fett

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 2 months ago #22519 by
Replied by on topic Re:kickboxing
yeah. i was thinking of starting fencing but turned out too expensive for my family. also i tryed tai chi which was run by my kickboxing instructor but diddnt really get into that. as for gymnastics. i love that. i do that in school for p.e. all my friends laugh at me. but i have not yet told them about my new religion. any tips on how to tell mates about being a jedi?

More
15 years 2 months ago #22520 by Angelus
Replied by Angelus on topic Re:kickboxing
If you want to tell them, then just do it. No special measures will make them change their thoughts or points of view on the matter.

Jedi Knight
Former Masters: Mark Anjuu, Zanthan Storm, Br. John, Grom Fett

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 2 months ago #22522 by
i suppose your right. it will see if they are really true friends i suppose

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 2 months ago #22523 by
Is there any need to 'advertise' anything?

Just practice what you preach so to speak - behave like a Jedi without the need to tell them - if they ask you (for example) 'So whats the deal, youve changed recently' then maybe tell them if you fell comfortable doing so.

Most of my family dont know for certain whats 'changed' with me - theyve noticed 'stuff' but thats it.

Ive not felt the need to broadcast anything and theyve not asked directly - if they ask I will say - but i see no need to make an issue of something thats otherwise not an issue

Nothing to do with shame or embarrassment - for me just an extension of one of the teachings - a Jedi is not boastful etc.

MTFBWY - A

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 2 months ago #22525 by
ok hanks. i probably wont say. but chances are they will be nosey as usual and ask. if they do then i probably will only say \"i just belive in helping and so this has changed me\"

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi