Jedi martial arts

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 3 months ago #21722 by
Jedi martial arts was created by
When i was young i took shoulen ru,an i was lucky becouse my friend was taking judo and we had the same master only his was priviet leasons, anyway he needed a partner to spar with and since we were buddys ,lived close to each other i got to particapate free. the best of both.
I think the art of balance combined with kung fu is esential for self protection and the protection of others.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #21723 by Angelus
Replied by Angelus on topic Re:Jedi martial arts
Nice post!

Jedi Knight
Former Masters: Mark Anjuu, Zanthan Storm, Br. John, Grom Fett

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 3 months ago #21803 by
Replied by on topic Re:Jedi martial arts
I believe that Ki training is essential for developing our understanding of the force around us

More
15 years 3 months ago #21813 by Angelus
Replied by Angelus on topic Re:Jedi martial arts
Well, that will be very contradicted, FMM. Ki, is similar to the Force, in the sense that some cultures believe Ki is the living Force of creation, as wel believe the Force is the living force of creation. So basically, it depends on your beliefs. The Force is a Jedis Ki, or Chi, or PSI. It is a very contraversial topic; but Jediism being a syncretistic religion, you can believe in both Ki AND the Force.

Jedi Knight
Former Masters: Mark Anjuu, Zanthan Storm, Br. John, Grom Fett

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 3 months ago #21822 by
Here is a thought for you to play with -

Is Ki/Chi (and the numerous other terms) different to say for example) Gravity, Sound, Light, blah blah yadda yadda (or indeed the Holy Spirit) and ultimately the Force itself ?

Kinda like the analogy of which came first - chicken or the egg ? (as it happens it was the egg as birds are descendants of reptiles and reptiles :p)

If the Force is the power behind all creation - then is not not fair to say that all 'forces' are cousins/related?

There is denial of 'Ki energy' in all of us - its source is located at our centre of gravity which is (in a normal person) roughly the naval/belly button ( and one can easily look into the spiritual beliefs entered around this fact through history and as it happens the location of the womb - the source of life itself in a certain point of view) -

Aikido teaches the importance of 'Ki' as do many martial arts (and their equivalent to Ki) and the same location or more specifically, the focal point of Ki is our center of gravity and centre of balance as well as power.

Anyway - have a chew over the different 'versions' of Ki and its similarity/connection to other natural forces and 'The Force' itself ;)

On a similar note - im about to start a little experiment with this in mind fairly soon, more details when the time arises - something all of you could do as well - im hoping to get a bit of 'assistance' with this research ;)

MTFBWY - A

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 5 months ago #26867 by
So here is another view, The force penetrates all so in essence Chi is the force but think of it this way. Many speak of chi as a tiny universe within ourselves that we have some control over. This chi conects to the universal chi ie. the force. so it is prudent to say that our inner chi is controled by us so we may stay connected to the outer chi or the Force. Some food for thought, those realy interested in chi should look through many sources on tai chi like YMAA's book on tae chi and quigong and Wong Kiew Kits books on tae chi and shaolin would also be of big help to you.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi