Is Reiki a form of Force power?

More
4 years 5 months ago #344295 by Brick

J. K. Barger wrote: @Fyxe I agree with your definition; it's too bad we hesitate to define things here, or at least, make or assume "working definitions" for particular topics.

As in the definition which was copied and pasted from the homepage?

I think anyone here who claims to be a Jedi agrees with that definition, but as Gisteron has pointed out that definition leaves a MASSIVE amount of room for interpretation. If that definition was so 'definitive' we wouldn't be asked to write an entire essay defining the Force at the end of the IP.

J. K. Barger wrote: @Brick Instead of a link, can you just type out, here in this discussion, a one-liner definition for your Force-paradigm? Perhaps going point by point, or alphabetically/numerically, you can lay out a logical line of thought that debunks the "mystical" or pseudoscientific assumptions held in this thread?

Well, as I said in the link:

Brick wrote: Whatever answer I give, it is likely to be wrong. I am bad enough at finding words to explain what I mean, but to use a finite number of words to describe something which is infinitely indescribable? Buggeration :laugh:

What you're asking me to do is practically impossible, as The force is simply the word we use to refer to 'that which transcends' any all comprehension. By its very nature it undefinable and indescribable. But that isn't an excuse to deny facts.

Perhaps the best way to explain my understanding is to pinch Sonya’s from the ‘Mindwalk’ Lesson in the IP (assuming its still in the IP). Her descriptions of how one part of a system depends on that of another, how these things around us seamlessly blend and connect and change slowly together over time, all depending on one thing, which depends on something else, and on and on. That just makes sense to me. I can see it in patterns all around and within me.

For me, to talk about The Force is to talk about that ‘connection’ to that giant living, breathing THING that we all are together. Like Watts’s ‘cat through the fence’ example, event ‘head’ does not lead to event ‘tail’. Its all ‘Cat’, just as I/you/cat/dog/earth are all ‘One’ or ‘All’. I don't feel that ‘All’ forms a sentient or has a secret plan for our lives or some meaningful destiny that it's taking us towards. I don't believe you can pray to it, it can’t hear you (and even if it could, it couldn’t do anything). I don't believe that it is guiding us in any particular way. But I have no choice but to be connected to it through The Force because it's part of what we all are. To suggest otherwise would be like a limb claiming to be a separate entity to the body.

But I don't for a second think that it can be 'manipulated' to 'heal'. Because, again, there is ZERO evidence to support this.

(Despite my attempt to rescue it at the end there, I think I've gone too kooky for Gisteron now :laugh:)

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron, J. K. Barger, Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos, forestjedi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago #344310 by
Replied by on topic Is Reiki a form of Force power?
So I'm very confused??

I didnt ask for a training from here to show me force powers. I did ask for more info on it.

But so do people here believe reike is real, or energy healing or whatever and if energy is all the same then that energy would be force energy right?

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #344313 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Is Reiki a form of Force power?
That's like going to a Christian Church and asking for a transfusion using their communion wine so I can get Jesus' power. Edit: because I believe Jesus was a master of the beyblade.
Mu

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Rex. Reason: Beyblades ofc
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago #344314 by

Fyxe wrote: So I'm very confused??

I didnt ask for a training from here to show me force powers. I did ask for more info on it.

But so do people here believe reike is real, or energy healing or whatever and if energy is all the same then that energy would be force energy right?

I'm certain the confusion is mutual; if anyone thinks your still asking about Force Powers, well, it's because you're questions still run along those lines.

I think you're mistaken in the premise of your question- you assume that there is a single, clear and definitive answer, yet, as you've seen, several times, now, the nature of things in this particular temple, and the topic/s at hand, makes it so you aren't going to get a single, definitive answer, namely because there aren't any. It's going to vary, sometimes greatly, depending on who you're talking to.

It's like that through most of the internet, and life, honestly.

Take from it what you will, learn what you can, and try to come to an informed decision on your own. If the answers frustrate you, perhaps you should reconsider the questions, or, indeed, your expectations?

But, to put it as simply as possible: No. this Temple does not officially endorse or advocate anything like Reiki or other forms of Energy Healing. As such, there is not presently available a distinctly Jedi variant of the practice. This does not preclude any members from discussing such things, obviously, but a great many things are discussed here without the benefit of being part of the Temple or it's teachings.

The metaphor of The Force being like a sort of energy is just as valid an interpretation as any, so I'm disinclined to tell you it isn't. If that interpretation helps your understanding, and eases your learning process, so be it.

Learn what you will, but perhaps consider the merits of learning and appreciating something for what it is, rather than what you wish it to be?

More
4 years 5 months ago #344315 by Brick

Fyxe wrote: I didnt ask for a training from here to show me force powers. I did ask for more info on it.

Fyxe wrote: I just wanted to know if reike was like force healing and if so can we use it to learn force healing? and i was wondering if anyone here could teach it?

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron

More
4 years 5 months ago #344316 by Gisteron

Fyxe wrote: But so do people here believe reike is real, or energy healing or whatever and if energy is all the same then that energy would be force energy right?

People here are people, not a monolith. Some believe in Reiki, others do not. Some believe in other forms of energy healing "or whatever", others do not. Some believe it is all the same, others do not. Some think of the Force as one of those types of "energy", and - you guessed it - others do not. This goes as much for people here in general as for many subsets thereof. There is no general answer to your questions. If you mean whether everybody here believes any one particular way, the answer is no, we do not all think alike. If you mean whether there is anybody who believes one particular way, the answer is maybe and we can only wait for whoever that might be to speak up.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos, Brick, Rex

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago #344341 by
Wow you guys are harsh

More
4 years 5 months ago #344344 by JamesSand

Wow you guys are harsh

And we're the "good guys" ! :cheer: :silly:

Imagine the sort of brash degeneracy you'll find in the rest of the world....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, OB1Shinobi, Kobos, Brick, Rex,

More
4 years 5 months ago #344357 by Jhannuzs Ian
I have read good answers and refutations, I am not an expert in the English language,
Is it time to synthesize?
Would anyone like to synthesize?

Example:

Hypothesis: Reiki force is used to heal and everyone can learn to use it and an expert can teach others.
Question: Is reiki a force power?
Argument in favor: e.g., A group of people managed to cure their cells/illness with reiki treatment.
Argument against: e.g., You can't measure something that doesn't exist, it's just fantasy.
Evidence in favor:
Evidence against:
Conclusion: the hypothesis is discarded or accepted

♪ ♫ ♪
Jedi Master: Rosalyn J
Focus, discipline, integriteit, kennis en licht
My code:
The Force is all, I choose my Focus
Life includes suffering, I am Resilient
The Force include my imagination, I extract Wisdom and Harmony
Life includes adversity, I obtain Knowledge
I respect your Life, lets revitalize our Force while breathing
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, OB1Shinobi, Kobos, Rex

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago #344363 by
I determine that it is a force power because I believe in the evidence that it works and I call that power the force!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi