Request: Homemade Energy Bar Recipes

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #322452 by Nakis
I was wondering if anyone had any recipes for good energy bars that store for a few days. I've seen a lot out there, but was hoping someone would have some neat ideas here.

Licensed Clergy Person
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Nakis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, thomaswfaulkner

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 9 months ago #322457 by
Not saying this to be deflective. Just an observation buuuut.....have you tried googling it? There are a TON of recipies XD It just depends on your diet, allergies? flavor choice.....

https://www.tastesoflizzyt.com/paleo-nut-energy-bars/

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #322461 by Carlos.Martinez3
There’s a bar recipie I’ve been trying to perfect .
Take peanut butter the honey flavored - any flavor will do I guess but honey roasted is my personal fav... a bit of caro and granola of your choice . I add my fav raisins n Crasins as well as rice crispies ... haven’t fully tried to merge em all due to time and effort and availability but if ya get a log or two going let me know what’s good! Wink!

Edit : I find granola to be a great type of energy with raisins for me. Crasins not so much but granola and raisins is it for me

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

More
5 years 9 months ago #322462 by Nakis
Thank you Arisaig!

To Trisskar: I wanted to find out what people here have developed or like as well as create another discussion point and reference for those curious :)

Licensed Clergy Person
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 9 months ago #322463 by
Lol, didn't do anything, but glad people are thankful for me. ;) hehehehe.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #322471 by
At my former house, we were hooked on the no-bake energy balls (quicker to make than energy bars.) Just mix in a single bowl, and roll them up into bitesized balls, and put them in an airtight container (you can do layers in between wax paper if you get a sticky batch). They'll keep in fridge for a week in airtight container (or longer in the freezer). Not that a batch ever lasted that long...

The basic formula is:
1 cup dry oats (old-fashioned, or mix of old fashioned and quick, depending on your preferences)
1/4 - 1/2 cup nut-based butter of your choice (the ratio depends on how much other dry stuff goes in for extras/flavoring. If you're adding more, increase the butter to hold it all together.)
1/4-1/3 cup honey, agave nectar, or sorghum molasses. (Same deal - add syrup-like sweetener according to taste and consistency. I don't usually even measure this stuff anymore, so it's hard to be exact.)

To this base, add whatever you're in the mood for: dried fruits, chopped nuts, flax or chia seed, toasted coconut flakes, nutritional or protein powders, chocolate chips (it can get a little unhealthy, LOL - especially when one uses Nutella as the butter base), cinnamon, etc. You can roll them in powders or crushed nuts, too - nice extra touch and makes them less shiny looking. I assembled a mason jar collection of ingredients from the bulk section of our natural food co-op (Kroger here also usually has a bulk section) and just kept the pantry stocked - after some practice, it was easy to just mix and match whatever sounded good. There's some good variation ideas here to get started with: https://www.wellplated.com/energy-balls/

Get creative. Though watch making them TOO good - they are not calorie friendly! You can tailor it depending on nutritional /dietary needs. We would keep a container in the fridge, and get out a few frozen ones to take as snacks if we were going somewhere or on a longer workday. They'd be at right temp in a few hours.
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by . Reason: clarification

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 9 months ago #322923 by
I make these periodically: https://darebee.com/recipes/homemade-no-bake-protein-bars.html

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi