2018 Recipes Thread

More
6 years 3 months ago #310117 by Nakis
2018 Recipes Thread was created by Nakis
Ladies and gentlemen,

We are entering the new year and many people choose it as a starting off point for new diets, it's also good to get some updated recipes up and about for those of us who just want to start something new regardless of pre-defined starting points. This thread is to share some healthy recipes, and if you have something to tag, such as Vegan, Vegetarian, etc, please do so! The idea of this thread is to give some starting points for new foods or point people in some new directions. Please try to keep it somewhat healthy and remember that not everyone has the same plans as you do (I crisp my tofu in some oil and cornstarch for mouthfeel which helps keep me happy, for example) and try to work with others!

Feel free to link blogs and the like!

Licensed Clergy Person
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #310119 by Nakis
Replied by Nakis on topic 2018 Recipes Thread
Here's my first entry: Turkey Burgers!

My family started dialing back our red meat intake, so we tried these burgers one night, they were surprisingly good!

Source: http://thelivefitgirls.com/2015/05/23/the-best-turkey-burgers/

For the Burgers
1 pound ground turkey
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)

Optional Toppings
Ezekiel or Whole Wheat Buns
lettuce
tomatoes
guacamole
sharp cheddar cheese
ketchup + mustard
any other toppings of your choice

Instructions
In a large bowl, gently mix burger ingredients until just combined. Be careful not to play with the meat too much or your burgers will be tough!
Divide mixture into 4 equal sizes and gently form into patties.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat, or preheat a nonstick skillet over a medium heat on the stove.
Lightly spray the grill or skillet with olive oil, and then cook the patties for 4-6 minutes per side, or until the center is no longer pink and the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
Assemble your burgers, and enjoy!

Licensed Clergy Person
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Nakis.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #310310 by
Replied by on topic 2018 Recipes Thread
I was looking around to see if there was a food/nutrition/cooking thread or group just before you posted this. :) I've gotten way off my program between moving home to the Land of All The Wonderful Foods I Shouldn't Be Eating and the holidays, when the parade of southern desserts goes high gear. I'm learning food-as-medicine systems (mainly Traditional Chinese, but some Western theory) and normally can keep most of my issues under control with diet. So, 2018 is getting back on the horse. :)

One of my favorite fall/winter spices is Ras el Hanout. There's a good article on its beneficial properties here: http://www.wholesomepractices.com/2013/06/ras-el-hanout.html

Moroccan Mahi Mahi (or any kind of similar fish)

Spice Rub:
1 tsp Ras el-Hanout (see link above for mix recipe)
1/2 tsp coriander salt (this is simply freshly ground coriander and sea salt)
1 tbsp of dried scallions and leeks mix (I used Lesley's)
1/4 tsp tumeric

1 tbsp olive oil (to grease baking dish)
3 mahi mahi fillets
3 lemon slices, halved

Preheat oven to 450*. Spread olive oil in baking dish, and rub mahi mahi fillets through it on both sides. Apply rub to top side, place lemon slices on top of each fillet. Bake for 7 minutes or until fish flakes easily. Optional - top with grilled or carmelized onions.

I usually serve this with a side of gingered carrot fries (carrots cut into sticks and tossed with 1 tsp of powered ginger mix into a scant tbsp of olive oil). The carrots can go into the oven at 450* about 15 minutes ahead of the fish, and everything should come out together. A green salad is a nice extra side.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by .

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #310313 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic 2018 Recipes Thread
Bacon!!

I know you're asking for healthy but if you're doing that primeval man diet thing Bacon is a great go-to snack

If you like floppy bacon, pre-heat the oven to 350f

Take strips of bacon and either put them on a cooling rack over a tray, or on one of those pans with the slots in them. Or you can just put them on the oven racks over a tray (with a lip)

Put them ALL in the oven! (I've even stacked them above each other over the collection tray to cook them all at once)

If you like crispy bacon (the best kind of bacon!) start the "pre-heat" now! (this also renders more of the fat)

give it about an hour. When you start smelling cooked bacon, check on it quite often. It'll go from good to OMG IT'S CHARCOAL! in a short space...

Cheat code: you can use Alton Brown's World's Best Baked Potato recipe at the same time! They all get done right about the same time so you can have baked potato and bacon bits!!
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Kit.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 9 months ago #339894 by
I like to cook especially enjoy delicious food. As a big fan of chicken, I wanted to share a chicken breast recipe with you.: Глупо: : Глупо: : Глупо: Chicken Breast Recipe recipe below

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #343456 by
especially when the start of the day with a good diet keeps a person energetic and ambitious:P which ultimately keeps a person healthy in the long term. there should be a proper guideline of diet that a person follows.
As a person love foods and simultaneously health concerns, I would like to recommend a diet compendium right here for the help for people with same choices i.e

Attachment healthydinner.png not found

which is absolutely free
Attachments:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi