Your religion is fiction

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #127546 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Your religion is fiction
I really haven't kept up with the news, but I read in the last couple of weeks that new research has determined Jesus was "made up" by the Romans to control the Jews. Jews were at the time expecting a warrior Mesiah, someone who would lead a military revolution against the Romans, so it made sense to make up Jesus to shift the paradygm from military revolution to a revolution of jewish caste, which in turn would weaken the Jews in power.

So, while not a certainty, this could signify that much of Christianity is built on fiction. Does that invalidate its message?

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Manu. Reason: grammar

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
10 years 3 months ago #127547 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Your religion is fiction
Exactly....it's the message that matters, unfortunately the message is getting lost in the quagmire of self importance and politics that has become the current form of many old religions...

And I still hold that pope benedict looks like palpatine :evil:

And while not catholic or christian I do like this new pope...the latest news is that he likes to dress in regular priest robes and sneak out of the vatican to minister the homeless/impoverished....

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 3 months ago #127600 by
Replied by on topic Your religion is fiction

Manu wrote: I really haven't kept up with the news, but I read in the last couple of weeks that new research has determined Jesus was "made up" by the Romans to control the Jews. Jews were at the time expecting a warrior Mesiah, someone who would lead a military revolution against the Romans, so it made sense to make up Jesus to shift the paradygm from military revolution to a revolution of jewish caste, which in turn would weaken the Jews in power.

So, while not a certainty, this could signify that much of Christianity is built on fiction. Does that invalidate its message?

Yeah, a book tour with no scholarly source or evidence unless you pay.

I did a thing on this with a friend of mine, and I think I covered in on this site.

Now I ain't a christian, lol. But I do know my history and archaeology.

The shit you're referring too was worse than that utter crap zietgiest

More
10 years 3 months ago #127680 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Your religion is fiction

sidvkili wrote:

Manu wrote: I really haven't kept up with the news, but I read in the last couple of weeks that new research has determined Jesus was "made up" by the Romans to control the Jews. Jews were at the time expecting a warrior Mesiah, someone who would lead a military revolution against the Romans, so it made sense to make up Jesus to shift the paradygm from military revolution to a revolution of jewish caste, which in turn would weaken the Jews in power.

Yeah, a book tour with no scholarly source or evidence unless you pay.

I did a thing on this with a friend of mine, and I think I covered in on this site.

Now I ain't a christian, lol. But I do know my history and archaeology.

The shit you're referring too was worse than that utter crap zietgiest

Could you provide a link to where you covered it on this site?

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #127725 by
Replied by on topic Your religion is fiction

I know what he's talking about!
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by .

• Whyte Horse
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • Do not try to understand me... rather realize there is no me.
More
10 years 3 months ago #127953 by Whyte Horse
I saw something someone said somewhere like "it doesn't matter if it's fiction if you believe it". I believe it was a PhD Psychologist who was studying DMT and it's effect on people. I guess the fact that people on DMT experience something that transforms their life is what matters, and not that it's not real. Does that make sense? Anyway you can see the documentary here:

Anyway, as far as this relating to Jediism, someone said earlier in this thread that you might benefit from reading Joseph Campbell's myth/hero seris... I agree completely. After you've done that, the answer to your question can best be expressed in a song:

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi