• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
10 years 11 months ago #101223 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: The Myth of Myths
if greed is a human trait...then it is one i completely lack...

i worked my @$$ off for years, saving my money...then when the economy went to hell (thanks to greed) i was laid off...i had enough money saved up at this point to pay off my bills for 3 months without worry...unfortunately it took much longer to finally get a job again...in the past i have had to do things that were against the law in order to just get by...not to thrive...just survive...i'm not proud of it, but i understand its necessity, and therefor i don't sit on a pedestal in judgement of others that have to do the same...sure some people with wealth work hard for it, others do not, they take it...and i know plenty of inidividuals that no matter how hard they work can never get ahead...some of us simply weren't dealt a favorable hand...but rather than sit and whine about it we play with the hand we're dealt...and sometimes we even manage to find a way to win a round or two...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 11 months ago #101224 by
Replied by on topic Re: The Myth of Myths
A basic (animal) Instinct

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
10 years 11 months ago #101225 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: The Myth of Myths

WilliamHaining wrote: A basic (animal) Instinct

I resisted the impulse to be flip and funny, cause you don't know me...;)

THis is an post addressing what?

Thanks...:)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #101226 by
Replied by on topic Re: The Myth of Myths
I do regard myself as a free thinker, i'm open to any evidence presented to me that is based on fact.
It seems you have taken my words out of context to suit your side of the discussion, this is a classic trait that people of faith use to try and justify their beliefs and impose them on others.
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by .

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
10 years 11 months ago #101229 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: The Myth of Myths
we're not trying to impose anything on anyone...you can choose to accept that some have different views/beliefs or you can choose not to accept it...likewise they can choose to accept that some will be intolerant to their views/beliefs and some will not...the totjo door is always open, people can come and go freely, they can discuss and debate freely, we're not going to boot people simply for having differing opinions, so long as they are respectfull in thier approach...

we have some here that i don't agree with, but i'm still friendly with...likewise i'm sure there's plenty that don't agree with any or all of what i say/think...and they are still friendly with me...the world is too diverse for everyone to think the same....

i'm thinking you'd probably like my lesson based on bill maher's "religulous"...he's a staunch atheist, and i found religulous to be hilarious but also quite true...

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
10 years 11 months ago #101234 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: The Myth of Myths

WilliamHaining wrote: I do regard myself as a free thinker, i'm open to any evidence presented to me that is based on fact.
It seems you have taken my words out of context to suit your side of the discussion, this is a classic trait that people of faith use to try and justify their beliefs and impose them on others.

Please...

Show me where I took your words wrong, my apologies...

As RyJin has said, we are not trying to make you think anything...

Im only addressing your post as I read it..

That is a problem with internet forums, lol...

I like to joke, and if you could talk with me, my demeanor is one of amusement to all conversations...;)

But, I am often labeled as a smart ass, troll, or just being too silly, lol... Maybe on the last one...;)

Soooo.....

Where did I go wrong?

Thanks...:)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #101236 by Wescli Wardest

WilliamHaining wrote: That is natures law, not mine, thankfully we live in a society that dosn't agree withn nature, we all need help from time to time. My point is about stealing and is there a justification for it, i dont think so but hopefully we continue to live in a society which is giving and caring.

The fact is they Perish, this happens daily in this world we live in. Men, women and children are dying each day as the worlds governments stand by an watch, this is a fact of life. They only interfere when they feel their way of thinking is comprimised. In nature, man can be the cruelest of beasts yet the most forgiving. Which brings me back to my origonal point on Myths, they dont feed the staving millions or provide shelter and protection, if the aforementioned are trials then you can keep your Myths.

Greed is a human trait, in nature there is very rarely the concept of sharing, for example why does a dog bolt its food quickly, simple, its scared the other dogs get to it before he does. Is this greed, no, just instinct telling it to survive.
Human nature have evolved beyond that of "mere" animals and to compre the 2 isnt quite right, similarities, yes, same as no.
Man has certainly become a breed apart.

I think that you and I are saying pretty much the same thing, just from different angles. Or, saying it from slightly different points of view.

Having just watched the video by J Campbell on the Message of the Myths, I'm afraid it has just left me cold. He is obviously a very learned man and an excellent orator but to me a Myth is just that, a Myth.
I don't need fairy tales from times gone past used to frighten, impress or to try to justify their chosen religion or god to influence me. I may be un Jedi like in my thinking but I think logic, deal in facts and see things mainly in black and white, good and bad, up or down etc. For me the are very few grey areas, we are born-live and die, this is a fact of life. No metaphoric stories or tales will change that.
The sooner we leave behind these archaic religions and myths behind, they mean nothing, then we can look to the future. When I see some of these grand structures depicting Myths, all I see is the slavery and hardship endured by the poor people forced to build them, that is a fact.
After all the Force is seen as black and white, to that there is no Myth, go forward in peace,may the force be with you.

“After all the Force is seen as black and white…” I think that is what is causing what seems to be some disagreement in trains of thought. I do not see it has black and white; merely parts of the same whole. And, depending on your point of view, often times inseparable as if the line between the two is completely blurred. I do not see the Force as black or white at all but rather all shades of grey so to say. Some may be so dark they appear black and some may be so light they appear white, but they are still a part of the same grey.

Monastic Order of Knights
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Wescli Wardest.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi